Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucianoz63
What's DOS?
Views: 1,506
Message 1 of 18

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 - Lenovo V330 wireless issue

Hi everyone, the school I work for recently bought 30 Lenovo laptops. Laptops are really fine, and perfectly fit our needs, but... there's an issue with wifi network card. It's really difficult, if not impossible, to join our wifi network. Other devices, like phones or tablets, could join the network without problems, but laptops don't.

Reading other boards and other messages in this board too I realized it could be due to a sort of "mismatch" between laptop's wifi adapter and service settings supplied by our network through Netgear WNAP320 access points. I tried different settings on the AP's (as I couldn' do the same on wifi adapters), but none of them seemed to work effectively.

Did any of you addressed this issue before, so she/he could give me advices about the best way to solve it?

Thanks in adavance

Ciao Luciano

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,460
Message 2 of 18

Re: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 - Lenovo V330 wireless issue

Hello lucianoz63! Welcome to Community Forums.

I believe it has something to do with your wifi network settings. What is the error when you're trying to connect? Try to connect to other wifi network or a phone hotspot to isolate the issue, if you can connect to another network, I suggest you contact your wifi provider to check the settings/configuration.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

luciano963
Paper Tape
Views: 1,452
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for your answer, but I already tried different setups with my APs. I tried b/g, then b/g/n mode. Then first only 20Mhz band then 40Mhz one, but without results. The strange thing is that my iPad, my phone and my notebook (not a Lenovo one) all connect without issues to the network. It seems an issue due to a poorly written driver, which could not guarantee compatibility with older standards, still widely adopted. That’s why I’m asking if someone out there has solved a similar issue. All Lenovo notebooks get the right data from DHCP server, but the MS tool for solving network problems tells of a “unreachable router”.

Thanks again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao Luciano

Longhorn87
SCSI Port
Views: 1,444
Message 4 of 18

Ciao! Smiley Very Happy

QCA9377 is probably the worst WLAN adapter on the market and it has also the poorest support. Anyway, on my Ideapad 330s, which has the same adapter, i managed to improve WiFi performances by installing the latest drivers from Microsoft Update Catalog. You can download one of those according to your Windows 10 version:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=QCA9377

To be sure, search for the right drivers by using your WLAN adapter's hardware ID . You can get it from Gestione Dispositivi -> right click on the device -> Proprietà -> Dettagli.
For the records, i installed the 12.0.0.725.

If you still have the same issue with the latest drivers, then try to disable the WMM QoS service from your router's control panel.

fortesquieu
Punch Card
Views: 1,439
Message 5 of 18

I recently upgraded my wifi card to Intel Wireless AC 9260 and never look back.

luciano963
Paper Tape
Views: 1,426
Message 6 of 18

Ciao, thanks for your answer. I tried the driver last version too, but with no results. Driver has been updated by win 10, I don’t know if this makes a real difference., but version was the same What I did not try is setting APs mode to b alone and try with a usb wifi adapter, just to exclude any network setup issue. I realized that Qualcomm driver has fewer advanced options compared to other ones, eg my Intel one. When I check the advanced options of my wifi card I can clearly see that card is set in “n” mode, and works really fine. Hope to find a solution.

Thanks again

Ciao Luciano

paulosaints
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,402
Message 7 of 18

Hi! Sorry, i am a noob and have the same slow wifi problems... how did you change you wifi card?

fortesquieu
Punch Card
Views: 1,399
Message 8 of 18

Hello,

When you open the back cover of your laptop, it'll look like this:csm_Lenovo_V330_15IKB_Innereien1_cb607c390a.jpg

The red box highlights where the WIFI card is.

Then buy something like this to replace it.

paulosaints
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,391
Message 9 of 18

There was no bios or problems? I checked the hardware installation manual and the FRU allowed were the 01AX709 and 01AX710.

fortesquieu
Punch Card
Views: 1,387
Message 10 of 18

I've done a lot of research on this and found out that Lenovo hasn't had any whitelist business for a while now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors