Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGHammer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,360
Message 1 of 4

Ram upgrade for my lenovo ideapad v570

Hey guys,

Would anyone know if I can upgrade my laptop with dual 8 gb rams with 1600 mhz speed (G.Skill 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz SODIMM).

Help would be appreciated! 

Thank you

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,340
Message 2 of 4

Re: Ram upgrade for my lenovo ideapad v570

@AGHammer wrote:

Hey guys,

Would anyone know if I can upgrade my laptop with dual 8 gb rams with 1600 mhz speed (G.Skill 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz SODIMM).

Help would be appreciated! 

Thank you

One thing I'm sure of is that the memory will be dictated by the processor installed. Since you have not indicated the processor used I can't give you much detail. If you base it only on the specs you can only use 2 sticks or module with a max rating of 1333 Mhz each depending on the processor. As to the other specs details you have to locate the specs of the processor that you are using in the intel site. There you will know whether you can use 1600 Mhz plus other details. One thing for sure is that the max that you can use is 16 GB only if the processor allows it since you can't find a 16 GB module in the market to achieve 32 GB per processor spec.

Noblelord
What's DOS?
Views: 1,968
Message 3 of 4

The amount of memory that a computer can hold is determined by the operating system and where it is a 32 bit or 64 bit machine. For example, if you have Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit system. The maximum amount of memory is 16 GB's of DDR3 RAM. Goto the link below, it maybe of some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwiib9QoA-A
msc5825
Paper Tape
Views: 1,192
Message 4 of 4

Any luck upgrading?  I'm considering the same thing.  What memory did you end up using if successful?  

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors