Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
logedog
What's DOS?
Views: 3,920
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading graphics card on a Lenovo 3000 N500 laptop

Is a 'BFG - NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ OC 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card' compatible with this laptop? If not, which type of card should I look for to be compatible? And how do I install it? Right now I have 2 'Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family' graphics cards installed.
Retired Guru
Views: 3,911
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading graphics card on a Lenovo 3000 N500 laptop

Laptop graphics cards tend to be soldered on. Some have replaceable units which utilize a manufacturer proprietary port. Others have what's called a MXM slot which are somewhat interchangeable.

However, considering your laptop was manufactured with integrated graphics, it is highly unlikely that you will be to change/upgrade to a better graphics card.

I do believe that there will be a better solution in the future. Read about MXM 3.0 standard. It's quite promising.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Highlighted
salman866
What's DOS?
Views: 1,808
Message 3 of 4

graphic card for lenovo N500

Hi

Sorry if someone has alreary posted this but I was unable to find my answer.

My question is that "Is there any provision to add a graphics card to my laptop which is lenovo N500 which does not have any as built in?"

Patiently waiting for anyone reply

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,804
Message 4 of 4

Re: graphic card for lenovo N500

@ salman866
please, see the previous post(s) first.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals