cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 693
Message 1 of 10

V110-15AST - Product Recovery "Error when recovering" frequently appearing message.

Machine : Lenovo V110-15AST (80td000dfr) trying to restore Windows 10 Home - ENG.

Successfully created a USB Recovery from Lenovo website (downloaded in excess of 11GiB for the files).

Performing a Product Recovery, using a brand new 16GB SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 flash stick. After about 20% of the way into recovery a message pops up "Error when recovering. Click [Yes] to try again..."

This happens roughly every 30 seconds, so I click "Yes" all the way until it gets near the end and it then gets stuck! The restore fails to complete. (See attached picture).

This happens regardless of which USB port I use (USB 2.0 or 3.0). Please is there a way to fix this or get the restore to complete??

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 620
Message 2 of 10

Re: V110-15AST - Product Recovery "Error when recovering" frequently appearing message.

In addition to this, as a further test I performed a Windows 10 install from a USB flash drive (UEFI boot) and it went through no problems. So this indicates that the problem lies with the Lenovo recovery software somewhere. Has anyone had this problem before?

Darsh536
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 3 of 10

Re: V110-15AST - Product Recovery "Error when recovering" frequently appearing message.

Hi, I have exactly the same issue in my ideapad 120s-14iap. And it’s really annoying to keep on downloading the recovery files again and keep reinstalling windows via another usb drive, and trying to start again. You even have to format and recreate the recovery drive. Did you manage to find a solution?

Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 544
Message 4 of 10

Hi there. Sadly not. No-one replied yet (apart from yourself) to this problem. I couldn't wait so decided to download the Windows 10 Home ISO, create a bootable USB drive from that and reinstall Windows afres. Copied off all the driver installations that came with the laptop first of course, and manually reinstalled them. Seems a bit of a hassle but the plus side is you avoid any Bloatware. 

Darsh536
What's DOS?
Views: 541
Message 5 of 10

I noticed that we are using the same usb drive, I’m actually going to borrow a usb 2.0 drive and try to use that, if it works I’ll get back to you.

Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 537
Message 6 of 10

Thanks. Please do let me know as having more options is a good thing.

Maybe the Lenovo Recovery software works with USB 2.0 only.

Windows 10 USB install was faultless so it must be at the software level.

Darsh536
What's DOS?
Views: 529
Message 7 of 10

I think you are right, either that, or the computer is unable to read usb 3.0 devices without a driver being installed. My installation worked perfectly fine with a usb 2.0 flash drive. Finally 😂! 

Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 525
Message 8 of 10

Wow! Really? You managed to do the Full Recovery? Think you've cracked it then. Well done! 

If you haven't done so already I suggest getting an 8GiB upgrade (total 12GiB) and an SSD drive. (Windows boots in less than 20 seconds).

Darsh536
What's DOS?
Views: 523
Message 9 of 10

Apparently my model doesn’t have an M.2 slot 😖and no free ram slots 😖you, install completed perfectly 

Bennyb0y
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 520
Message 10 of 10

Ah..... Well done cracking it though  I did try the same USB 3.0 drive on the USB 2.0 port but had the same problem (same errors). Didn't have a USB 2.0 drive to check that though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors