Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davenewman76
What's DOS?
Views: 3,003
Message 1 of 6

V110-15IKB 80TH - Wont Boot up. Caps Lock and power flashing 3 months old

Hi All,

Purchased this laptop for my daughter for Christmas new from ebuyer. She went to use it yesterday and it wont boot.

With the power plugged in the orange power light flashes say every 1 second.

The caps lock flashes about every 5 seconds. The screen flashes very very quicky/briefly as though it wants to boot at a similar time to the caps flashing.

With the power cabel out it does the same but the orange power light flashes slower say every 5 seconds.

Im very confident in taking it apart if needs be to reset anything etc as long as this doesnt void the warranty which i still have but would like to get it fixed sooner rather than later.

Any suggestions?

Thanking you in advance.

David

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,996
Message 2 of 6

Re: V110-15IKB 80TH - Wont Boot up. Caps Lock and power flashing 3 months old

Well the first thin I would try is holding the power button until it turns off, and then press the NOVO button to power the laptop up.    The NOVO button is a very small button just forward of the Combo/Headphone jack (see page 9 of the user manual for details and you will likely need a pen or paperclip to press it.   

If the system boots to the NOVO menu, that is a good sign (well sort of) and points likely to a Windows problem.   If you can get to the NOVO menu, you then have the option to go into System Recovery refresh or reset the computer (see page 22 of the user manual for details on the two options) or enter Setup.       If it will NOT boot to the NOVO menu, then you probably need to contact warranty support and have the laptop fixed.

If it does boot to the NOVO menu, sometimes after booting to the NOVO Menu, exiting, and then rebooting, the system will then boot properly (assuming it was stuck in some hibernation sleep mode) but if it still fails, you could try booting and doing a refresh refreshing (saves user data and reinstall Windows, but most likely you will need to contact Lenovo Support an

Best of luck,

davenewman76
What's DOS?
Views: 2,987
Message 3 of 6

HI,

Thanks for the info. I think the battery is dead atm as it only works now with the power cable in (unless the battery is the issue). If I have the cable in it doesn't actually seem to power down. If I remove the power cable the orange light eventually goes off. Then replace the cable and press the NOVO button as suggested. It then does the same.. flashing orange light and flashing caps lock... Cant believe you have to take it apart to remove the battery! I'll see if I get any other responses otherwise I'll have to wait to contact ebuyer on Tuesday as they're closed all over Easter!

Many Thanks

David
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,985
Message 4 of 6

So to be clear, even with the AC adapter attached, you cannot boot even to the the NOVO menu, but when you remove the AC the lights eventually go out, until you plug in the AC again.     There is an option in the BIOS/Setup to disable the onboard battery, which is what you do when you service the laptop, but if you cannot get to the NOVO menu to enter setup, there is really not much you can do. 

Best of luck, and have a great Easter weekend.

davenewman76
What's DOS?
Views: 2,977
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Thats correct. If I power up using the power button or Novo button i get the flashing caps lock and blink on the screen as if it is trying to boot in a continous loop.

Enjoy the Easter weekend yourself.

Many Thanks

David

acanberk
What's DOS?
Views: 2,713
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

HDid you find a solution ? 

i have same problem. When i power up, it's like a reset button stuck pressed. keeps resetting. screen, caps lock and num lock blink repeatedly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals