Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo7
What's DOS?
Views: 878
Message 1 of 4

V110-15ISK HDMI issue

Hello everyone,

I'm in desperate need for some help for this issue with my almost new Ideapad (model as in object). After the automatic Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update the laptop started to have problems in recognizing my Panasonic Hd Ready TV via HDMI (wich worked perfectly just before that). No error messages of any sort, it's just like the cable isn't plugged in (Win+P or other combos not working). I thought it could be related with video driver problems, so I ran the Lenovo System Update, which actually solved the problem, but just for a few days. Then it suddenly stopped working again (no other updates or software installation meanwhile). As the drivers as up to date, I obviously can't do any further upgrades. I tried the static discharge methot as well (the battery is built in, so I just kept the power button pressed for 30 seconds with the unit turning on and off repeatedly), but it didn't work for me (maybe I lost something in the process?).

I would really be glad for any idea given, as I bought the laptop something like three months ago and, even if i format it (wich won't be a big issue), the Windows update will be reinstalled so the problem will probably show up again.

Thanks in advance,

Riccardo

alii98
Paper Tape
Views: 822
Message 2 of 4

Re: V110-15ISK HDMI issue

Try going to intel hd graphics or amd control panel(if you have an amd cpu) and select your monitor from there,and be sure to have both updated to latest versions,if not working,check the hdmi cable,if not working then idk,as my laptop(the same as you) was needing for me to select my tv,and the hdmi being old i had a few problems too
Riccardo7
What's DOS?
Views: 804
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

thanks for the reply, I already tried all of these suggestions (changing the monitor via Intel HD Panel or Windows isnt' possible as the laptop just doesn't see the tv at all).

The only solution I've found since I asked for is to manually uninstall the graphic card driver and re-install it via Lenovo System Update, wich actually works for a few days just before giving the same problem again. My real problem is to get the cause for that, since I didn't have any new software or updates installed, so I seem to get no reason for the hdmi connection to fail.

I'd really be glad for any further idea.

Thanks again,

Riccardo

Highlighted
alii98
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 4 of 4

only option is to go to a service

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors