Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo C, E, K, M, N and V Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-10-2008

Philippines

23 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 1 of 2

V200 Synaptics Pointing device driver does not load

2008-04-10, 3:16 AM
My OS is Windows Vista Business.  the synaptics driver sometime does not load and i still have to manually run the driver to get the touch pad to work.

Is this a unique problem, or are other also experiencing it?
Options

3 Posts

10-23-2008

Canada

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: V200 Synaptics Pointing device driver does not load

2008-10-23, 10:13 AM

I have had similar problems myself.  I tried upgarding the drivers from the synaptics site, but was not successful in resolving this problem.  On the synaptics site it says, "Generic drivers will make you lose your settings, therefore you must use the driver that comes with your laptop" or something to that effect.  So I went back to the original driver that came with my laptop (and I checked for updates to this driver from the Lenovo site....nothing yet) and this error still happens.

For me it happens after the first time my laptop goes into 'sleep' mode.  So after a reboot for example, the device settings start to work, but then as soon as I go into the sleep mode and come out, I lose the settings.

I figure this is an error with the Lenovo laptop as I have friends with different brands who are running Vista, but this problem does not occurr on their laptops.

If somebody else has found a solution, please let us know and thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms