Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexous
Punch Card
Views: 170
Message 1 of 2

V310-15 new M.2 PCIe SSD lower speeds

Hello everybody! My laptop is V310-15isk (you can see the specs in signature) which according to the PSREF supports M.2 PCIe 3.0 x2 drives. So I:

1) updated bios very recently

2) got the brand new Western Digital SN500 M.2 and installed with the factory 2.5" HDD

3) made a clean W10 1903 installation (USB created with Rufus, UEFI boot)

4) updated Windows

5) updated drivers with Driver Easy and Driver Booster after W Update

However, I experience slow speeds with the SSD as you can see from the attached photos. The drive is recognized as one lane drive instead of two and thus, the lower speeds. Even the previous SATA 850 Evo had better benchmarks in 4K random read/write values (45/135). Does anyone have an idea on what is going on?

WD Dashboard issue.pngAS_iops.pngAS_mbpersec.pngbios boot.jpgcdm.pngDevice manager.png

Lenovo V310-15isk (model 80SY) - W10 Pro 1903 - Intel Core i3-6006U - 8GB DDR4 RAM - WD Blue SN500 M.2 SSD + WD 1TB 2.5HDD
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 126
Message 2 of 2

Re: V310-15 new M.2 PCIe SSD lower speeds

Hi! The machine is compatible with the WIndows 10 1903 update so could you try running the update from the Lenovo Vantage app. You can get the app here: https://vantage.lenovo.com/. Install all available update.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors