cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenSoftware
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 1 of 2

V320 Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro : IMPOSSIBLE !

Hi to everybody,

for one my customer I have bought 2 notebook V320.

I have to put this two notebook under windows domain controller and for this reason I need that the operating system is Windows 10 Pro.

The notebooks come with Windows 10 Home and I start to try to change serial number to upgrade the O.S. to Windows 10 Pro.

Today is the end of secondth days that I spend to do this without success :-( :-( :-(

I have just understoode that the serial number of the windows is stored in the bios and I cannot change it !!!

Even if I start installation from dvd with full versions of windows 10 the notebook choose alone the home edition and set automatically the product key without ask me nothing !!!

Someone can help me ? I don't have money to buy another two notebook with windows 10 pro for my customer...

Thanks in advance for your help...

Stefano

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 204
Message 2 of 2

Re: V320 Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro : IMPOSSIBLE !

If you don't have a product key or a digital license, you can buy Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Update & security   > Activation, and then select Go to Microsoft Store.

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

Your product key stored in BIOS is win 10 home. Roughly 85.86 EUR per machine to go Win 10 pro.(USD $99.99) 

As I understand it, it magically shows up over HOME version . No reinstall needed. Someone else can confirm/deny this understanding.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors