Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 1,036
Message 1 of 16

V330-14ARR will not recognise network adapter after BIOS update

I updated a new V330-14ARR (product no 81B1) to BIOS 3ECN35WWv3.02. I got a message that the update was successful, but on rebooting there is no netwrok adatper (the troubleshooter asks me to update the netwrok adapater driver, but the system simply does not see a network adapter at all). There are other problems too (eg, wireless mouse with USB dongle mnot working). Hope someone can help urgently! Cheers

grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 2 of 16

Re: V330-14ARR will not recognise network adapter after BIOS update

I thought I would try re-flashing the BIOS and downloaded to a USB stick on another PC. But the V330 will not recognise anything in the USB ports either.
grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 996
Message 3 of 16

I have now reset the PC (using the option to save my files) and the problem is still the same (which I expected as this is a BIOS problem) but I did not know what else to try
BP61
What's DOS?
Views: 966
Message 4 of 16

I have a similar issue but my laptop will not even recognise the internal SSD boot drive and I cannot find a way to access the BIOS to check the boot settings. Since updating the BIOS during the initial setup of, my brand new fresh out of the box, laptop this BIOS update has turned this new machine into a completely unusable device! Hope that someone on this forum can provide a solution.

grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 964
Message 5 of 16

Just off the phone with Lenovo who sent directions for a complete reset using the NOVO emergency reset button in a pinhole on the laptop side. This has failed (as I expected it would given this is a BIOS problem) and they will now wend me a return code. This will get me up and running sometime in the future but I am losing days of work in the meantime. Looks like we shoudl all avoid BIOS ECN35WWv3.02  even though Lenovo Vantage labelled it as an urgent update,

Saira172
Blue Screen Again
Views: 956
Message 6 of 16

I also used  applied the "urgent" update on a brand new V330 15ikb via Lenovo bridge - it's a problem with the display that I have. It thinks I have a very basic display and consequently is using just a quarter of the screen. The splash screen is fine on start up till windows kicks in, it's fine when connected to a different monitor.

Everything was fine prior to the update. Like you I've done a complete restore - nothing happening.

Smiley Sad

grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 954
Message 7 of 16

I hope the steps below will get me to the point where I can attempt to flash the BIOS again (hopefully with last known good version). I can't try this for several hours, but will update here when I know the outcome. Posting now in case it helps anyone else in the meantime. 

Please find below a link by following which you can download a recovery media for your device. Please click the link below and follow all the steps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You will need a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next
4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit) for Windows 10.
5. Select which media you want to use (USB flash drive).

To boot Windows from the USB,  please change the following BIOS settings.

1. Open the BIOS
(Please refer to https://support.lenovo.com/nl/en/solutions/ht500216
2. Disable "Quick/fast boot"
3. Disable "secure boot"
4. change "Boot mode" from "UEFI mode" to "Legacy mode"
5. Change the "boot priority order" so the USB is the first boot device
6. Save changes and exit
7.Plug in Windows 10 bootable USB disk (USB Stick), then Restart PC, press F12 to enter Boot Menu and select USB disk (USB Stick).

How to boot from USB disk under Windows 8/8.1/10 (desktops and all-in-ones):

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht500209

How to boot from USB disk under Windows 8/8.1/10 (laptops):

https://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/solutions/ht500207

Grh44
What's DOS?
Views: 919
Message 8 of 16

I have just had exactly the same issue. No USB. No WLAN or wired LAN. 

Did you end end up having to return it? Are they shipping a replacement?

grantem2000
Paper Tape
Views: 910
Message 9 of 16

All steps above have failed. I have a return number from Lenovo. I have an RMA number from Ebuyer.com who say they will assess within 3 days of receiving return before confirming replacement. A lot of hassle and delay for a problem of Lenovo's making. Very frustrating .. 

Nargon33
What's DOS?
Views: 906
Message 10 of 16

Same exact problem. Did no one test this before deploying? Seems everyone has this problem. Please update if anyone finds a solution. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors