cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratb3rt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 323
Message 1 of 2

V330-15IKB Elan touchpad settings are gone after updating touchpad driver.

After using Lenovo System Update and updating the Elan driver to v.22.4.9.2, the touchpad settings were all gone. I saw that someone had luck on another model laptop rolling back the driver. In device manager, under "Mice and other pointing devices" find the "ELAN pointing device". Open the properties for it and choose "roll back driver". It picked v19.4.11.2. Once I restarted I now have the touchpad settings in the system tray and can turn off the "tap to select" which I hate. I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I don't know if the Windows May update had anything to do with it or not. It is not on Lenovo's list of issues.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 297
Message 2 of 2

Re: V330-15IKB Elan touchpad settings are gone after updating touchpad driver.

Hi ratb3rt!

Welcome to community forums,

You may also use the Lenovo Vantage which is the updated app we use to run system update. You may download it here https://vantage.lenovo.com/?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eServices_&Content=20190526_....

A system restore would also help. Sometimes, the installation of a program or a driver can cause an unexpected change to your computer or cause Windows to behave unpredictably. System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. You may follow the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501548?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eSer....

Regards,

Moderator comment: Link(s) expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals