Did you mean: 
Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 534
Message 1 of 8

V510-15IKB (80WQ model) no HDMI audio

Hello,

I have a problem with audio over HDMI.

I make fresh preinstall of Windows 10, update with drivers from Lenovo Support and was without result.

I try without update of drivers, try with Windows 8 and again - in Sound->Playback devices you can't see HDMI.

In the same time, the picture is fine, but just no audio. I try with drivers from Intel support site, but nothing too.

At the final, to be sure that HDMI device like hardware is not defected or broken - I try with Linux Ubuntu Live from USB flash and it's working fine! So the problem is not physical. It's a software problem between Lenovo, Intel and Windows drivers and OS.

Now is with fresh installed Windows 10 again and updated drivers from Lenovo Support site again and again is without HDMI audio.

Any ideas?

ogedayk
Punch Card
Views: 502
Message 2 of 8

Re: V510-15IKB (80WQ model) no HDMI audio

This problem is ridiculuous. How could they not solved it yet. I'm really disappointed in Lenovo, after using Z510 I've recommended Lenovo to everybody but after V510 and this problem I'm not going to buy another Lenovo product.

Mistakes can happen it's ok but it's been months! Please solve this already.
Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 3 of 8

A have this problem not from a months!
A have it from year! But in the beginning think that the model is too new and have problem with brand new drivers for this. I continue to use my old Toshiba, because I need to start videos and to listen their sound from tv, not from laptop speakers. For me is really disappointing too that big brands like Lenovo, Intel and Microsoft cannot resolve stupid problem like this. If you check in google, will see that problem is very huge and often.
Really stupid thing can turn over your feeling from "I'm very happy from this product" to "I'll never use this again".
Of course I hope they have decision for this.
Will see.
Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 453
Message 4 of 8

C'mon guys!

Am I only  one with this problem?

What's happen with Lenovo Support?

Absolutely dissapointing!

I must install both Windows and Linux.....and never again buy a Lenovo. Smiley Sad

Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 401
Message 5 of 8

UP!

It is disgusting how Lenovo doesn't care of problems like this...

Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 359
Message 6 of 8

...Somebody...something?

ogedayk
Punch Card
Views: 284
Message 7 of 8

Lenovo doesn't give a  Seems like we have to use double-boot and switch to Ubuntu everytime we need HDMI sound which is ridiculuous, some apps doesn't support Linux.

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity, implied profanity or attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by the Community Guidelines and have been removed.

Ferio
Fanfold Paper
Views: 279
Message 8 of 8

Yes, this is ridiculuous! But I think about something different.

Why Lenovo made Community, if they not support the people with problems?

They are not so different from other supliers and manifactures.

It's always about the money and just to buy their product and after that who cares what type of problem you have?

They pretend to be blind for problems like this.

Anyway, it's their way and their choice - many companys before them,

now are bullsh*t companys and nobody buy nothing from them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors