Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 7 (332 Views)

V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

Hey!

I just bought a brand new Lenovo V510-15IKB Laptop.

The computer freezes without any reason in particular, and doesn't show any errors.

I've already installed all the most up to date drivers and all the available updates both on lenovo support site, as the windows 10.

The problems persists, happening at least a couple of times everyday, when it freezes nothing works, Ctrl+Alt+Del, nothing, hard reset is the only option.

The computer is running windows 10 pro.

This issues is really awfull, and happens without any warning, making me loose work, etc.

Please help or share experience with similar situations.

This is awfull since this is a brand new laptop, new model, new generation intel processor....

Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 2 of 7 (284 Views)

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

Hi BezHugo,

I would like to ask if, have you tried to check the laptop. Like running Lenovo Solution Center for hardware issues. If you can try, check event viewer for any errors also. If the issue persist please contact Lenovo Warranty Support. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Punch Card
Message 3 of 7 (266 Views)

[ Edited ]

I would go with Lenovo Bootable Diagnostics in particular: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/tr/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/tools/bootablediags . You might have to press Enter at the boot: prompt for the system to boot first because of the Kaby Lake processor. The machine might hang for a while (1-2 mins) and then boot. Kaby Lake is a problematic processor in that only Windows 10 is officially supported. Even Linux is problematic at the moment. It's the reason why I got rid of my recently purchased V310-15IKB (Kaby Lake) in exchange for a V310-15ISK (Skylake). As far as I'm concerned Kaby Lake is baby cake with its lack of OS support.

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 7 (192 Views)

I am having the same problem with x2 V510-15IKB's that was bought last week. I have updated the BIOS and all possible drivers. The freezing happens without warning and intermittent without any traces. I have the machines next to each other on the same bench. It seems to happen more when the bubble screen saver kicks in, but only an observation. 

I am thinking of restoring the older Windows 10 Pro from the current version 1607 Build 14393.693, because I suspect this to be the problem.  Any other feedback would be appreciated, because I am sitting with waiting cients.

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7 (140 Views)

Hey!

I got the same problem.

Are there any solutions by now?

Kind regards,

Benedikt

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7 (94 Views)

[ Edited ]