Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 221 of 254 (1,302 Views)

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

[ Edited ]

Why are you trying to disprove that point? If he buys these laptops he is guaranteed to have freezing, if he buys any other laptop he is not.

I'm not trying to disprove something, I just propose the working solution for those who wants their laptops to work. For those who have already bought this laptop and don't want to fight with Lenovo support for a months.

I don't recommend to buy this laptop and I will never buy Lenovo anymore, of course, because actually support do nothing to solve this problem. But I do Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 222 of 254 (1,295 Views)

mdg333 wrote: 
people who don't need to solve the problem but just want to talk about.

mdg333,

People don't want to talk and especially not to rood people like you. People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead. I for one don’t want to hear any more of your rants and accusations. You’ve repeated them enough times already.

Regards

Punch Card
Message 223 of 254 (1,292 Views)

People don't want to talk and especially not to rood people like you. People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead. I for one don’t want to hear any more of your rants and accusations. You’ve repeated them enough times already.

Do not speak for other people, speak for yourself. Thank You!

Punch Card
Message 224 of 254 (1,290 Views)

VNazarov wrote:
...People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead...

Right! 

Community SuperMod
Message 225 of 254 (1,238 Views)

Moderator comment: This thread is getting personal, again. Please keep it civil and constructive. Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Paper Tape
Message 226 of 254 (946 Views)

Hi mdg333, when you changed to RST is the SDD formated or all data lost because there is a confusing warning message which prevent me to do it. Additionally does the system installl automatically the RST drivers or is there something I have to prepare before I can the controller mode. Thanks for clarification. 

Paper Tape
Message 227 of 254 (907 Views)

Hi Everyone, to all of you guys that have a Lenovo V510.

If you receive random freeze on the laptop and dont know what the problem is update all the drivers etc... tried everything.

Please try the following drivers/firmware.

Im from South Africa and contact lenovo support and escalted the problem of these laptops. I work for a company that bought Lots of these laptops and I was in charge of fixing this problem.

Long story short here are the links to the 1 driver and 1 Bios update.

BIOS: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/by/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-V-SERIES-LAPTOPS/V510-15IKB/...

ACPI: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/by/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-V-SERIES-LAPTOPS/V510-15IKB/...

All my users 10+ is not experiencing these issues anymore, after these 2 changes.

I have also done all the other possibilities before i got to this solution.

New motherboard does not help new laptop does not help new Memory does not help only these 2 thing above... Its weird and sad at the same time but works

Not sure if this will fix your problem but its worth a try...RIGHT!?

Punch Card
Message 228 of 254 (886 Views)

What did Lenovo tell you? Are they aware of the problem, do they acknowledge it? If so, did they say anything about an official fix? Also, is this their suggestion or something you found out on your own? 

If this works it's wonderful news because it means it's not a hardware problem. At the same time, this probably only fixes freezing in Windows, right? Are all of your users using just Windows 10?

Punch Card
Message 229 of 254 (870 Views)

Flojek wrote:

Hi mdg333, when you changed to RST is the SDD formated or all data lost because there is a confusing warning message which prevent me to do it. Additionally does the system installl automatically the RST drivers or is there something I have to prepare before I can the controller mode. Thanks for clarification. 

In fact it doesn't erase anything, but I don't recommend to switch it without disconnection of your drives.

Second answer - I downloaded corresponding driver from Intel site.

Fanfold Paper
Message 230 of 254 (782 Views)

Hi,

3 days before I received my V510 from authorised service,

Motherboard and RAM were changed,

3 days no freezing,

Now,I playing games,watching online TV and video without any problems...

Any way,still waiting for freezing...Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count