Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flipwise
Punch Card
Message 221 of 351

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

mdg333 wrote:

You are just one person experiencing that. Have you had it serviced by any chance and does it still freeze? There is no 22 page forum discussion on freezing for any other laptop models and there definitely would be if a certain model had a defect.

Here we have 22 page forum discussion with the same posts from the same 2-3 people who don't need to solve the problem but just want to talk about. Ooooookay...

My Lenovo V510 didn't freeze for a month with 10-12 hours daily usage. For Asus I apply the same settings and have no one freeze for a hour. I run stress-test with AIDA64 + three Youtube video in parallel and it works. With default settings it freezes for a minutes.

So I do not enforce my decision to anyone but it works when you fight for a months with tech support or seller. Personally, I bought a laptop for work, not to fight. You act as you want. Jedem das Seine ))

No. There have been exactly 32 people in this thread with the issue. You will not be able to find any laptop freezing thread online with 32 people coming in with the same problem, and it's even more than 32 really because some owned more than 1 laptop and had the motherboard replaced. My point was the blades is irrational to still be looking into buying a V310 or a V510. Why are you trying to disprove that point? If he buys these laptops he is guaranteed to have freezing, if he buys any other laptop he is not.

mdg333
Punch Card
Message 222 of 351

Why are you trying to disprove that point? If he buys these laptops he is guaranteed to have freezing, if he buys any other laptop he is not.

I'm not trying to disprove something, I just propose the working solution for those who wants their laptops to work. For those who have already bought this laptop and don't want to fight with Lenovo support for a months.

I don't recommend to buy this laptop and I will never buy Lenovo anymore, of course, because actually support do nothing to solve this problem. But I do Smiley Happy

Highlighted
VNazarov
Fanfold Paper
Message 223 of 351

mdg333 wrote: 
people who don't need to solve the problem but just want to talk about.

mdg333,

People don't want to talk and especially not to rood people like you. People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead. I for one don’t want to hear any more of your rants and accusations. You’ve repeated them enough times already.

Regards

mdg333
Punch Card
Message 224 of 351

People don't want to talk and especially not to rood people like you. People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead. I for one don’t want to hear any more of your rants and accusations. You’ve repeated them enough times already.

Do not speak for other people, speak for yourself. Thank You!

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Message 225 of 351

VNazarov wrote:
...People want to receive a good product up to specs for their money and if not, they want either the product replaced, repaired or their money returned. Lenovo have failed miserably in all these regards. They don't even have the honesty and decency to acknowledge their problem and just keep cowardly silent instead...

Right! 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Message 226 of 351

Moderator comment: This thread is getting personal, again. Please keep it civil and constructive. Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Flojek
Paper Tape
Message 227 of 351

Hi mdg333, when you changed to RST is the SDD formated or all data lost because there is a confusing warning message which prevent me to do it. Additionally does the system installl automatically the RST drivers or is there something I have to prepare before I can the controller mode. Thanks for clarification. 

Reniervs
Paper Tape
Message 228 of 351

Hi Everyone, to all of you guys that have a Lenovo V510.

If you receive random freeze on the laptop and dont know what the problem is update all the drivers etc... tried everything.

Please try the following drivers/firmware.

Im from South Africa and contact lenovo support and escalted the problem of these laptops. I work for a company that bought Lots of these laptops and I was in charge of fixing this problem.

Long story short here are the links to the 1 driver and 1 Bios update.

BIOS: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/by/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-V-SERIES-LAPTOPS/V510-15IKB/...

ACPI: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/by/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-V-SERIES-LAPTOPS/V510-15IKB/...

All my users 10+ is not experiencing these issues anymore, after these 2 changes.

I have also done all the other possibilities before i got to this solution.

New motherboard does not help new laptop does not help new Memory does not help only these 2 thing above... Its weird and sad at the same time but works

Not sure if this will fix your problem but its worth a try...RIGHT!?

flipwise
Punch Card
Message 229 of 351

What did Lenovo tell you? Are they aware of the problem, do they acknowledge it? If so, did they say anything about an official fix? Also, is this their suggestion or something you found out on your own? 

If this works it's wonderful news because it means it's not a hardware problem. At the same time, this probably only fixes freezing in Windows, right? Are all of your users using just Windows 10?

mdg333
Punch Card
Message 230 of 351

Flojek wrote:

Hi mdg333, when you changed to RST is the SDD formated or all data lost because there is a confusing warning message which prevent me to do it. Additionally does the system installl automatically the RST drivers or is there something I have to prepare before I can the controller mode. Thanks for clarification. 

In fact it doesn't erase anything, but I don't recommend to switch it without disconnection of your drives.

Second answer - I downloaded corresponding driver from Intel site.

Top Kudoed Authors