01-24-2019 10:37 PM
If you are forcing the laptop to change between integrated vga and radeon, the freezes will occur more often. This is according to my experience.
When i use more than 1 monitor, the freezes are like 15 times a day.
02-10-2019 07:21 AM
Linux users can use this patch to regain the RC6 disabling hack in kernels later than 4.15: https://github.com/eigenbrot/re-enable_rc6
Be careful about it's distro-specific (Arch) nature though.
03-06-2019 02:46 AM
Bought 22 of these laptops, many of them freeze constantly. After sending them to local Lenovo service partner, they said
Lenovo service center recommended BIOS downgrade to version 2WCN28RS to mitigate this freezing problem.
03-06-2019 02:51 AM - edited 03-06-2019 02:52 AM
1. Where to obtain this BIOS version?
2. Have you tested it and does it solve the freezing?
3. I suppose they didn't mention anything about the security vulnerabilities associated with the older BIOS version...
EDIT: If you're also from Croatia, was it Zel-Cos that recommended this?
03-08-2019 12:23 AM
1. I think Lenovo service partner can send it to you.
2. Currently testing, it looks good - 2 laptops work 48h constantly running Youtube, and did not freeze yet. No need for heavy duty testing (like 3d rendering) since freezing is not connected to overload.
3. No, they did not, but since laptops are mostly used behind guarded office network, the exposure is minimal.
03-08-2019 10:49 AM
I confirm that the new BIOS 2WCN41WW released on March 4, 2019 does not solve the freezing problem.
If Lenovo service knows that an older BIOS version solves the problem, why don't they make a proper BIOS update?