Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VNazarov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,731
Message 51 of 554

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

BTW, for 2 weeks of usage I have noticed that freezes occur only while powered by the adaptor. I have not had a single freeze while on battery power. I have enabled the beep signal in BIOS for plugging on/off the power cable and more often than not I hear the beeping just before the freeze. It's the same beep that sounds when you disconnect the power cable. Please share your observations in this regard. We might potentially narrow the cause down to the power circuitry.

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,723
Message 52 of 554

Technical support has answered formally: restore OS & Software to a factory state...
Super useful answer)))

Exos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,698
Message 53 of 554

Hi guys!

From Sweden here, I also have this issue, have been in contact with Lenovo, runned a total check through Lenovo Companion and reset the computer to factory settings.

DO not work!

Does anyone know if Lenovo at all is interested in helping their customers or should I just throw this one month old computer in the garbage?

I am surprised that Lenovo aint active in this forum.

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,693
Message 54 of 554

Hi Exos.
What preinstalled OS on your laptop? Win 10?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,667
Message 55 of 554

Could everybody ensure that they are on the latest BIOS please which was released earlier this month. There was apparently a fix for freezing symptom which isn't covered in the release notes so, not knowing the exact details, I cannot say that it is a fix for all who are participating in this thread but may be for some.

Also important is that it includes an EC version fix for a battery charging issue.

Link to BIOS download for V510-14IKB and V510-15IKB

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LENOVO-V-SERIES-LAPTOPS/V510-15IKB/d...

Please ensure you carefully read and follow the installation instruction in the readme file also available on the above page.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Exos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,664
Message 56 of 554

Hi man,

It runs on Windows 10 Pro as preinstalled. Havent changed anything regarding the OS.

Exos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,658
Message 57 of 554

Hi Andy_Lenovo,
Great to have you present in Lenovo-Forum!

I have now installed the latest BIOS-driver for sure.
I will reply with feedback

// Exos
flipwise
Punch Card
Views: 2,655
Message 58 of 554

Hey Andy, 

thanks for the reply.

I intstalled the latest BIOS, but the freezing still occurs. 

nabirio
Punch Card
Views: 2,654
Message 59 of 554

Thanks for your answer Andy. I saw the latest bios update that reported fixing the problem with the battery, but I did not install it because there was no documented freeze fix and lose Grub installing that. If you make sure that even if not documented is there a fix for freezes I will install it and let you know here in the forum how it goes. Meanwhile, could you tell us if there is a way to update the bios without losing grub? Thanks in advance

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,644
Message 60 of 554

Thanks, Exos.
Can you tell me versions of video cards drivers?
For example, i attach picture with Intel VGA driver that installed on my laptop.
I want to compare with drivers on your laptop, because my laptop has no preinstalled OS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors