Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ethlon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,615
Message 71 of 555

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

Same problem here, configuration with 7200U - 4gb ram - r5 m430, SSD. The freeze occurs with Windows 7 ultimate, Windows 10 every version. I update with latest bios, but laptop continue with freeze. I also tried using different versions of Firefox, Chrome, Edge ecc...  The problem is most common when playing videos (different formats). I did not try to use the laptop just with battery for hours, so i don't know if the problem is connected with the electrical charge, i will try.

The strange thing is that i tried to test the laptop for 8 hours with stress benchmarks like 3d mark and others with 100% cpu usage and no freeze occours. Apparently the freeze occurs when laptop is in idle status or very low usage cpu.

This is a serious problem and i am waiting that Lenovo resolve this bug, or iwill return the laptop to the seller.

aleksandar83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,593
Message 72 of 555

I can confirm that it still freezes with bios version 2wcn29ww .

Sandvelder
Paper Tape
Views: 2,580
Message 73 of 555

Spoiler
Hi Guys
The bad news is that Lenovo is no longer monitoring this thread. I attempted to bring this poor PR move under the attention of Lenovo in South Africa, but to no avail.
My V510 15IKA will be returned this Monday, and I requested a different model, as I lost all my trust in the V510.
Francois Barnard
luke1999
Paper Tape
Views: 2,574
Message 74 of 555

I can confirm that avoiding the use of the integrated touchpad the problem (almost) disappeared. Also using Chrome makes the laptop freeze more often. Finally I can state that Lenovo support is ridiculous: I only got the same careless advice everyone else had "reset to factory default". It was at "factory default" when it started freezing (10 mins after unboxing). Never ever a Lenovo again. No support, no customers.

Exos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,563
Message 75 of 555

Hi again Andy,
I can now confirm that the freezing still appears after installations of the newest BIOS-drivers.
It took some three days and froze.

I hope that you can inform Lenovo about this issue!
ethlon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,497
Message 76 of 555

I found this guide if someone want to try too

https://www.wintips.org/fix-windows-10-freezing-bsod-restart-issues/

i am testing now

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,494
Message 77 of 555

Hi All.
Today I have information. Perhaps VNazarov was right - the power supply system can be related to laptop freeze.
When I tested the laptop, it didn't freeze at my home, but always freeze at  my friend's home.  I thought that it just coincidence... But today I was called by the my friend and he has told that his old laptop (Sony SVE1511) freeze - like new Lenovo V510-15IKB! Before it never was - the old laptop worked perfectly. But there is one important thing - a few days ago old notebook's battery failed (laptop reported that it cannot work with the existing battery and also require shutdown OS and replace the battery). And I have disconnected the battery from the laptop - from that  the time old notebook worked without battery. And old laptop freeze - ike freeze a new Lenovo! And it occurred at my friend's home. The old notebook with good battery did not freeze, and without battery - freeze. I think that at friend's home dirty AC power, and at my home AC power is good. But battery shall ensure notebook working in case of a bad AC supply. isn't it? May be in BIOS 2WCN29WW problems with the battery haven't been fixed?

Unfortunately, now I can't do test with Lenovo - I have returned laptop to the seller for check.

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,475
Message 78 of 555

Ethlor, all of this :
https://www.wintips.org/fix-windows-10-freezing-bsod-restart-issues/
had to make in Lenovo with preinstalled OS. Before SOLD! If it in general is necessary.

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,438
Message 79 of 555

Hello All.
I have created a thread with the description of a problem on a Russian-speaking part of a forum:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B8-U-%D0%B8-V/Lenovo-V510-15IKB-quot-%D0%B7...

Also I ask all who speak (or writes) in Russian - to confirm existence of a problem - your participation is necessary. Besides, on a Russian-speaking part of a forum representatives of Lenovo answer quicker. Perhaps, it will help all of us to solve a problem with the laptop quicker.

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,426
Message 80 of 555

luke1999 wrote the following: "I have the sensation it is some sort of power peak condition...."
It seems that the version about problems with laptop's power system is confirmed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals