Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Exos
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,587
Message 81 of 465

Re: V510-15IKB Laptop Freeze

Hi guys, I am back again!

My computer freezes from time to time exactly as the introductionary description in this thread.

Short about my experience:

- 4 weeks old Lenovo V510

- Windows 10 Pro

- Latest drivers installed including BIOS. (From Lenovo Companion)

- Contact with Lenovo support where they say that within 14 days customers have the right to send back the computer and get a refund. After 14 days customers can not do this, we have to send the computer in for service.

I have now tested a new thing, to change power settings for Windows 10.

Lets se how it goes but for you to know I have changed Power Settings to "High Performance" AND manually done this:

- High Performance Scheme

- Change advanced settings

- Harddrive - "Shut down harddrive after:" - Set this to NEVER

- PCI Express - Energy Saving functions - Both Battery and with adapter - OFF

I will give you feedback after usage Smiley Happy

Sandvelder
Paper Tape
Views: 2,580
Message 82 of 465

Hi, what you describe above is the default that I normally set up all my machines, and sorry to say, did not help in this case.

I procured my machine on Jun 26, 2017, and replaced the HDD with a SSD, and upgraded the RAM with Lenovo's recommended Samsung DDR4 module (4GB). It kept on freezing up. I tried everything said in the thread above, running it on battery on not mains, and it kept on freezing up.

I regret to say that this notebook computer is now going back to the distributor for a full credit, and will not be replaced with another Lenovo.

Regards,

F

chirva_a_s
Punch Card
Views: 2,562
Message 83 of 465

Exos, I will wait for result!
nenkoivanov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,528
Message 84 of 465

My laptop is  V310-15IKB, but as i mentioned  in this thread the hanging issue is still happening. 

After all this problems I do not use the laptop almost at all. 

Last week I updated the BIOS to the latest one from the lenovo driver update site, but the issue still persists.

I am very much sorry that i did not return it when I had the chance.

Nothing, except disabling the 3D acceleration with the driver configuration option works:

Option "NoAccel" "True"

But the result is screen flickering and annoying glitches and I do not use it for long time and switch to my other computer to do the normal work.

Very disapointed and frustrated with this lenovo experience.

flipwise
Punch Card
Views: 2,513
Message 85 of 465

I can confirm that limiting the processor maximum state to 95% does not solve the issue either

ethlon
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,473
Message 86 of 465

Hi guys

I think I have found the solution to the problem. Or better with me it's working and I'm not having any freeze in the last 3 days. By following the guide I had previously posted, I did not get results and the problem occurred again. By doing research I have seen that the problem is present on other systems like Dell, HP with a similar configuration and with Intel 7th Generation processors.

The problem seems to afflict the integrated video, in my case the Intel HD 620.

The solution that is working for me is to install the latest Intel video drivers: version 15.46.02.4729 July 11, 2017.

- download here: downloadcenter.intel.com

- specify manually the model: HD 620 and download the zip or exe

- delete the previous driver version

-reboot

-install the new version

Warning: Windows 10 (even the last release Creature Update) installs older version (November 2016) and Windows Update does not update it with latest version.

That's all. It's working for me using laptop with an without AC suplly.

luke1999
Paper Tape
Views: 2,435
Message 87 of 465

I am using ubuntu 16lts... today I tried the "suicide solution": started to use the integrated touchpad. 7 minutes and boom... reboot, started using it again... 27 mins and boom again... stopped using it... no freezing... opened chrome... 43 minutes and boom... updated system from ubuntu repository... no freezes so far with touchpad buy still wi t h chrome... more convinced about power management problems... probably intel graphics... going to investigate futher... hello Lenovo, do you read..? Do you care about angry customers?

Mod's Edit: Posting edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

VNazarov
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,412
Message 88 of 465

@ethlon wrote:

The solution that is working for me is to install the latest Intel video drivers: version 15.46.02.4729 July 11, 2017.

I did install this driver a couple of weeks ago and I'm still experiencing frequent freezes. I have sent my notebook to my local Lenovo service channel.

andtsa
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,386
Message 89 of 465

nenkoivanov

Option "NoAccel" "True"

>>But the result is screen flickering and annoying glitches

Try to use this option:

Option "DRI"  "false"

INSTEAD of NoAccell

flipwise
Punch Card
Views: 2,300
Message 90 of 465

Updating Intel drivers DOES NOT resolve the freezing.

Disturbingly enough, it happened while I was doing important work so this 6 month blasé attitude Lenovo has been having about such a critical issue has crossed the line now for me. In those 6 months not only has the issue not been acknowledged and solved, but by omission of information about a serious bug many customers have been unfortunate enough to buy this critically flawed product. This was my first and evidently last time buying Lenovo and I will make sure that word of this gets out as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors