Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanrs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,036
Message 21 of 32

Re: V560 Fingerprint scanner intermittent issues

I don't have an option for Biometric devices in control panel.  I even used the search function but only device manager shows up.  

Using device manager and the properties, I have no option for change settings.  Maybe it's Windows 7 Home Premium not giving me the settings?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,029
Message 22 of 32

I'm in 7 home premium.  Make sure you choose All Control Panel Items for your view and use small icons.  Biometric Devices should be the second item on the left.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
bryanrs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,016
Message 23 of 32

Not in mine unfortunately.  I go from Backup and Restore to Color Management.  No Biometrics...

Maybe we have a different finger print reader or mine is not recognized correctly.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,005
Message 24 of 32

It doesn't seem to be anywhere, does it?  Let me ask you this, when you first enrolled your fingerprints, what did you open and where was it?

Dave

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
bryanrs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,001
Message 25 of 32

I ran BioExcess from the start menu under the Lenovo folder.  The executable is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec BioExcess\EgisMgtConsole.exe"

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 967
Message 26 of 32

We do have different readers and it seems that yours has its own software. Lenovo doesn't brand it as Lenovo fingerprint software like mine does.  I think that's why it doesn't show up in control panel.  The driver and the software is the same for 32bit as it is for 64bit.  Why it shows up for vista I'm not sure.  I still think that windows is shutting it off but I can't figure out where the power management would be for it.  You could check the driver again and see if a newer version was posted. If there is, I would say uninstall it and reinstall it.  If it's the same version, I doubt if that would do any good.

Have you tried disabling it and then reenabling it in device manager when it stops working. Does that get it working again?

That's about the only workaround I can think of to try unless a new version of the driver or software comes out.

Dave 

bryanrs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 956
Message 27 of 32

Unfortunately there is no new Driver. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the existing driver.

I have disabled and renabled in device manager and that appears to fix the problem for the time being, but it'll still not work after a given amount of time.

The issue is very intermittent, which as you know if hard to troubleshoot. I also believe it has to do with Windows preventing or shutting down a service of some sort.

Thanks for all your time and efforts. I do appreciate it.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 951
Message 28 of 32

I agree that windows is shutting it down, I just can't prove it.  I still think it's a power saving feature.  

I looked at the mfgr's site, I'll go back and see if there is anything new there we might try.

Dave   

bryanrs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 936
Message 29 of 32

Maybe i could set the EgisTec service to restart on failure???
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 931
Message 30 of 32

Keep in mind that it doesn't look like it's actually failing.  It still shows up in device manager even when it's not working.  With that said, go ahead and try it, you might get lucky.  

I don't know much about that fingerprint reader and the software.  You're actually in a better position than I am to go into the program and see just what's in there.

Dave

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors