Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 198
Message 31 of 32

Re: V560 Fingerprint scanner intermittent issues

i have the same problem with v560. it just doesnt respond sometimes, and i have no power managment tab in device properties. it is same with 32 and 64 bit win 7 ultimate/enterprise and profesional editions
xtitter
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 32 of 32

similar problems on a t420

Occasionally my fingerprint reader won't react to my entreaties, and I need to resort to my keyboard. IIRC, this never happens when first starting up, and about 1/2 the time after waking up from sleep. (I never hibernate). Once it has stopped working, it almost never corrects itself -- this might be never, but I swear it has happened once or twice. I'm running Windows 7 enterprise, 64bit, with non of the think vantage software -- so, this is happening with the out-of-box windows biometric stuff. In the device manager, it is listed under Biometric Devices as the "TouchChip Fingerprint Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)". The drivers are claimed to be up to date (version 1.4.0.275), and the "Allow computer to turn off device to save power." is unchecked. But, in the services manager, I just noticed that the "Windows Biometrics Service" was stopped. (I is set to 'automatic' startup). I started in, slept the computer and was able to use the fingerprint reader, which I wasn't when waking it up earlier. Woot! As I go back into the services manager, though, I see its stopped again... [...] Just now I've slept, and confirmed that the fingerprint reader isn't working, silently. I'll do some more testing when I have more time....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors