Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 599
Message 1 of 3

V560 cannot wake up from sleep/standby

hi all,

My V560 is not waking up after entering sleep/stand by mode automatically. screen remains black. usb is not working. hdd indicator light is on.

i have to press power button long till force it to power off. i am using win 7 enterprise 32bit.

Former Employee
Views: 559
Message 2 of 3

Re: V560 cannot wake up from sleep/standby

hey azad,

place your unit on diagnostic mode via msconfig. restart your unit, login and do not launch any program.

if you have set your unit to go into sleep/standby after a period of time; let it do so.

once it is in sleep/standby , leave if for about 5 mins before "waking" it up.

can it wake up ? if yes, then it is a program you launch or a non-windows item that is launch in the background during startup that is causing the error.

if possible, go to >>http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=607595

and update your unit accordingly.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
azad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 446
Message 3 of 3

Re: V560 cannot wake up from sleep/standby

Thanks Serge1410

i forget to say that it does'not do always. just sometimes it does. i tried a solution smilar to mine. it was saying to unplug power then remove battery and then press on power button for 30 sec. and then reinstall battery etc...

unfortunately i searched for that topic and cant find it.

i try that and now waiting. for now it seems ok. thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors