Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kedairs
What's DOS?
Views: 990
Message 1 of 3

V570-1066A DVD's not working . Only VCD 's are working

Hi,

I bought Lenovo V570-1066A laptop in July 2011. I did not tried any DVD's during that period. But now recently I tried some DVD's and DVD drive is not able to read the disc. But all type of VCD's are playing. Please let me know how to resolve this. 

Retired Partner
Views: 977
Message 2 of 3

Re: V570-1066A DVD's not working . Only VCD 's are working

If the you are facing issue in playing DVD movies then it could be due to DVD region code.

You need to check the DVD movie you playing is of which region then same to be set of DVD drive which  can be change from DVD drive properties accessing from device manager.

You may also try uninstalling the DVD drive driver from the device manager and then restart the system to get the fresh driver load.

Please share the status with us.

Best Regard,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 974
Message 3 of 3

Re: V570-1066A DVD's not working . Only VCD 's are working

Hi Kedairs,

may try to play with the omnivorous  VLC media player  freeware, it does ignore DVD region coding...

http://www.videolan.org/

Note: first time playing a DVD it takes VLC player some time to circumvent the DVD drive region code,

best to test first with a known good machine to get the knack.

Zehn

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors