cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermes101
Paper Tape
Views: 12,919
Message 1 of 5

V570 - Intel(R) Centrino(R​) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 not working after Win10 upgrade

Just updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7, everything ok except Wireless. I searched everywhere, but nothing, anyone can help me please?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,915
Message 2 of 5

Re: Intel(R) Centrino(R​) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 not working after Win10 upgrade

hi Hermes101,

Welcome to the Forums.

You didn't mention the model of your lenovo PC but if you look into the Device Manager > Network Adapters, does it show the Intel Wireless 6150 adapter or do you see both the wireless and WiMax driver in the Other Devices entry?

- Sample image

If the WI-Fi adapter is not present in the Device Manager, can you try to install this driver (this is for Win8.1 but it should work on Win10).

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1

Version: 16.11.0

Size: 90.83 MB

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hermes101
Paper Tape
Views: 12,908
Message 3 of 5

Re: Intel(R) Centrino(R​) Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 not working after Win10 upgrade

Hi Neokenchi, sorry forgot mention model... its Lenovo V570 1066

In device manager I see exactly what is in your "Sample image", what means there is no drivers for this device installed... I tried drivers for win 7 and for win 8.1... no luck ... then I tired yor recomended drivers, still no luck... still exclamation mark near device...

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,896
Message 4 of 5

hi,

If you see the Intel Centrino Wireless 6150 in the Network Adapters then that means the Wi-FI driver is installed but not that WiMax driver.

If you're looking to enable just the Wi-Fi functionality, can you try the following:

1. Toggle the physical wireless switch to ON

- Link to image

2. Install the driver below (run it in Win7 compatibility mode if necessary) then reboot.

Lenovo Energy Management Software
ver 6.0.1.1
12.8 MB

When finished, hit Fn+F5 and ensure that the wireless current status is set to ON see if you can now detect and connect to a Wi-Fi network.

- Link to image

As for the WiMax functionality, can you check the solution in this thread

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Hermes101
Paper Tape
Views: 12,886
Message 5 of 5

Dam... Dumb head I am Smiley Wink

When I said "exactly what is in your sample image" I meant only device with exclamatory mark,
I didnt even noticed anoter divices in your picture... After your last post I cheacked again and
found out that my wifi is working... and only Wimax or whatever is without drivers but I'm not using it.
But  still I tried your solution for WiMax functionality and Voila... all working!

Thank you very much!

We're moving

To a new platform very soon

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors