Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnrivera
Blue Screen Again
Views: 33,833
Message 1 of 14

V570 - Lenovo Easy Cam Won't work after Windows 10 install

I have a V570 Lenovo laptop on which I just installed Windows 10. After the install, I found that my camera no longer works -- it's the Lenovo Easy Cam.

I tried driver updates. Apparently the drivers were downloaded but failed to install. I can't figure out HOW to get them to install. I tried the device manager. I also took a look with Lenovo Solutions. It says the camera is disabled, but it doesn't tell me how to re-enable it.

I'm at a loss. How can I get my camera to work with Windows 10?

Thanks.

Mod's Edit: System model added to Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Swahili1
What's DOS?
Views: 33,511
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Easy Cam Won't work after Windows 10 install

I also have a Lenovo V570 Laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10, now I have the same issue as you are having, my webcam will not work. It's also Lenovo EasyCamera. When I try updating the driver it says,

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it"

"Reinstall the drivers for this device. (Code 18)" 

I have tried dowloading and saving the drivers from Lenovo and then installing them but get the same error. Hopefully someone out there can find a solution for our problem??

Thanks in advance.

Swahili1
What's DOS?
Views: 33,505
Message 3 of 14

Hi Cnrivera,

I managed to get my camera working, try this and see if it works for you.

I enabled the camera through Device Manager by right clicking on Lenovo EasyCamera and select enable. It comes up with a yellow triangle once enabled. I then uninstalled Lenovo EasyCamera in Contol Panel - Uninstall Programs. Once done I rebooted my laptop and it is now working. 

I'm not sure but I presume Windows detected the camera on the reboot and installed a windows 10 compatible driver. 

Thanks

cnrivera
Blue Screen Again
Views: 33,730
Message 4 of 14

In my case, that's not what fixed it, though I did manage to solve my own problem.

On my computer, the problem was that the new drivers were installing, but they were not replacing the old drivers. I found both the old series 1 driver and the series 6 driver in my uninstall program. I uninstalled the series 1 driver so that only the newest driver remained, and the camera immediately began working.

Now if only I could solve my iPod problems with the new iTunes!  Yeesh.

Michalakis
Fanfold Paper
Views: 33,304
Message 5 of 14

Hi Swahili1,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y570 and I have also recently upgraded from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. In fact I had the same problem as other persons i.e., the easy camera of my laptop was disable and I couldn't manage to update the drivers correctly and make it function. I did as you described, with the difference that in my case I couldn’t enable the camera from Device Manager. What I did is that I have only uninstalled the program of the easy camera going to: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and then I have restarted my laptop. As you said most probably, Windows 10 detected the camera and installed the appropriate program and now my camera is functioning.

Thanks a lot Swahili1.

csperkins59
What's DOS?
Views: 32,477
Message 6 of 14

I have V570 and all I had to do was navigate to Control Panel > Programs >  Uninstall Lenovo EasyCamera...Once it finished uninstall Camera immediately began working.

bbsoileau
What's DOS?
Views: 31,686
Message 7 of 14

Same exact thing here...have yet to find a solution.

Swisslars
What's DOS?
Views: 31,587
Message 8 of 14

Thank you so much. You made my day. It works also with me.
I have a Lenovo G770.
bmurphy04
What's DOS?
Views: 28,846
Message 9 of 14

Re: V570 - Lenovo Easy Cam Won't work after Windows 10 install

Just spent the last two hours trying to solve this.....AND FINALLY FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!

Device Manager -> Right click Lenovo EasyCamera -> Update Driver Software -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" -> "USB Video Device" -> "NEXT"

Skype's community had the solution for a Microsoft webcam product:

http://community.skype.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/107495i36E0F4FCCF85A7B8/image-size/original

You can open the "Camera" app through Windows 10 to verify...can't believe it took so long and was this simple!

shubhamgoel4aug
What's DOS?
Views: 22,026
Message 10 of 14

Re: V570 - Lenovo Easy Cam Won't work after Windows 10 install

Thanks man that really worked like a charm

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors