Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Paper Tape
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

V570 + Win 7 64 pro = NO WIRELESS

I have installed a fresh copy of Win 7 Pro (64 bit) on my brand new V570.  All drivers installed fine - except the WIFI driver (Centrino 6150).  I have tried for days now with no success.  I have even paid for Lenovo premium support.  They tried for 5 hours and had no success.  They are sending me a driver CD.

The computer came with Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit).  I went thru the OEM install process and all went good with the factory setup.  The WIFI works great, when I have the factory drive installed.   I then installed my SSD (Intel 320).  I found out that the recovery discs that I created with the factory drive will not restore the OS to the new drive.  The drive has to be the EXACT specs as the factory drive ... %$@^%^%$!!.   At this point, I was very frustrated.  So, I  went out and purchased Win 7 pro (64 bit) and installed it along with all the drivers found on the Lenovo site.

I currently can install the factory drive and all hardware functions correctly - including the WIFI.

After seeing the techs frantically uninstall / install drivers via remote connection, I do not have much confidence in the "Driver CD" that is currently being sent to me.  The techs were doing every obvious thing that I was doing.

Please help, anyone. 

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Re: V570 + Win 7 64 pro = NO WIRELESS

Please refer to my post here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/many-Z570-problems/td-p/481043/page/3

It's for Z570 but I assume that your problem is very similar...

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

Obrut:  Thanks for the info.  I am eager to try this when I get home.  I am also having the issue with powering down - as you described.

Paper Tape
0 Kudos

@Obrut:  You are a genius!  Your solutions worked perfectly.  I did a fresh install of Win 7 (with MBR partition) and everything is working great.

Thank you, for taking the time to post the solutions.

@Lenovo:  You need to get your act together, regarding this situation.  The first V570 I bought 2 weeks ago - I had to return because the BIOS locked up.  I've done many OS installs and never ran across anything like that.   I have been a long-time ThinkPad user and was almost ready to move to some other manufacturer.   I am surprised that your Premium Support techs couldn't figure this one out.  I am still waiting for the driver CD that PSS sent via snail-mail.   And when I get it ... well, I don't suspect that it will be of much use.

Anyways, things are good now.  The machine really cranks with the Intel 320 SSD.

Punch Card
0 Kudos

Hey, can you explain how you got this wireless card working? I still get the "NO MATCHED WIRELESS" popup, even with the latest drivers

I've also mentioned this here

I would GREATLY appreciate your help!

Punch Card
0 Kudos

As you have found sigmondzavion, Lenovo "Engineering" know very little and care even less!!