Did you mean: 
thompa
Blue Screen Again
Views: 430
Message 11 of 16

Re: V570 and windows 10 compatibility

Yes,

Absolutely correct.

I just let the update happen automatically.

The automatic update went well on my other machines and I thought it would go ok on the Lenovo. No reason to think any different and so I didn't investigate turning off 'automatic updates'

Too late now, I cannot get into settings on the machine from the black, blank desktop I now have.

Allan

UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 425
Message 12 of 16

Just did a check on my Windows update status....and my Windows 10 says it's right up to date......including some things that were installed May 8.......two days ago.

There's no mention of an 1803 anywhere.

What IS that.......32bit? 64bit?......something exotic? Something you have to ask for?

How'd you hear about it? What prompted the update? Did you do it manually.....or was it an "overnight, automated operation".

You've got me scared, now!!

thompa
Blue Screen Again
Views: 427
Message 13 of 16

64 bit.... Unrequested, overnight update....

UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 418
Message 14 of 16

Also, maybe check this:

"For more details, check out all the Redstone 4 tutorials, info, and news, and everything we know thus far about the Redstone 5 development here. Also, check out the best 10 features coming to version 1803, those hidden features you have yet to discover, and this guide will help you avoid problems upgrading to the April 2018 Update."

.....on https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-redstone-4-version-1803-new-features/

UncleScott
Blue Screen Again
Views: 396
Message 15 of 16

I'm still very curious about two things:

1. Why wouldn't any of my three Win 10 computers have updated to the "troublesome" 1803 build yet? Or at least tried?

2. Why did you make any mention of "upgrading without backing up"? (Who ever "backs up" in anticipation of an automatic update? Most of the time you don't even know the update is coming.)

Michael

SpeedTrap
What's DOS?
Views: 97
Message 16 of 16

How do you not know the update is coming? It literally asks you if you want to update in order to prevent you from losing data in current open applications.

In all of your "infinite wisdom" and "curiosity", i'm surprised you haven't thought of someone postponing the update and THEN backing up.

Maybe take some time to self reflect on this one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors