Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediagiant
Paper Tape
Views: 346
Message 1 of 1

V570 internal keyboard detected in Device Manager but not working

My parents have an IdeaPad V570 laptop. All of a sudden, the internal keyboard stopped working. They could only type a couple of letters and punctuation marks. However, a USB keyboard worked fine. 

I immediately assumed the problem was with the internal keyboard, so I had them order a replacement. I opened up the laptop and installed it for them, but now it won't even type the few characters they could type before. 

Windows 10 detects the PS/2 internal keyboard and does not indicate any problems in the Device Manager. So why is it that nothing happens when you type? Could it be a bad main board? 

I had my mom uninstall the PS/2 keyboard, unplug her USB keyboard, and restart the machine. She went back to the Device Manager, and it once again detected the PS/2 keyboard, but it still won't type.

I wondered if I had plugged the ribbon cable from the replacement keyboard into the main board backward, but if I had done that, would the Device Manager in Windows 10 be able to detect the PS/2 keyboard at all? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors