cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enz-Lee
Paper Tape
Views: 1,006
Message 1 of 2

V570 reports HDD at SATA 1.5 rather than SATA 3.0 (SATA I vs. SATA II)

I know there will be plenty to say, and this is only my second post on the forum, but  trust that I understand what I am asking. 

I know that the real world difference between SATA generations for HDDs is miniscule.  I also know how to implement, and check the storage controllers.

I have the correct drivers, and REGARDLESS OF MY REASONS, I would like to know why my Seagate 5400.6 is running at SATA 1.5 and not SATA 3.0.

I checked it over and over after installing the Chipset, the AHCI, and the RST driver.  I even tried countless versions of both, so I am fairly sure that its not a driver or software issue.  That leaves:  The chipset, The "UEFI/BIOS", or the HDD firmware.  I should also mention that my last, and only other experience with Lenovo was with the T61 series that had the SATA II governer placed on it.  I don't know how you would feel about that, but I simply did not like it.

There is one other promising post that is hasnt been updated for a while, but on it there is information about seagate Firmware.  That being said, I have seen the same issue, without resolution, tucked in the far reaches of the forums of cyberspace....Its a Mystery. 

I should mention that  the machine is question is a:

Lenovo V570 with the 2nd Gen i5 2450, Sandy Bridge Architecture (so not the 2 port intel problem) and HM65 Chipset(so perfectly capable of SATA II). 

Windows 7 64bit

jagzjagz
What's DOS?
Views: 879
Message 2 of 2

Re: V570 reports HDD at SATA 1.5 rather than SATA 3.0 (SATA I vs. SATA II)

I'm also wondering this about my V570.

I went to install an SSD into the optical drive bay, and even though system states everything should be Sata 3 Capable (6gbits/sec) it was capping at sata II speeds (3gbits/sec). 

Can others chime in on what the heck is going on here? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors