09-27-2019

US

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

Waiting for Warranty Repair Authorization

2019-09-27, 11:44 AM

I submitted a request for some warranty work to be done on a laptop. I received a confirmation that the request was received and that I should be receiving a response in about 30 minutes (sometimes a little longer depending on work load). It has now been a day and a half since receiving that confirmation and STILL no response. 

I tried responding to the email I received but it got bounced back. I tried to find an email address for support but there are none advertised.

How long does this warranty process usually take? Is the actual warranty repair work just as slow as the initial request for work?

I really need this laptop. I would rather repair it myself and give up the worthless warranty if the process is going to stretch out into days and weeks.

Dell sends a repair person out to fix the issue. How does Lenovo handle repairs? Do we ship the laptop out to some shop somewhere and just hope they get to it and return it?

Please - I would really like to hear from someone other than a Lenovo employee. What has been YOUR experience. Like I said, repairing the computer myself will only take a day to get a new SSD drive to replace the faulty HDD. I can not be without this computer for weeks.

Options

9995 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6785 Signins

729914 Page Views

• Views: 729914
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Waiting for Warranty Repair Authorization

2019-09-27, 19:50 PM

Hi djc1309

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I would rather suggest a faster way of communicating with tech support by calling them instead. They are open 24/7 so you can likewise update your Invoice warranty date to the actual date of purchase if needed.

Online Chat support is also available during business hours EST if that is more convenient to you.

Depending on the type of warranty (depot sending -standard type that came with the purchase / On-site Service upgraded on added purchase If not purchased with the product). You can verify it using your serial number here.

Tech support can explain more on the details specially for a Depot where you send the machine over and expect to be sent back to you after repair if this is found as a hardware issue 

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save