cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j4ymz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 1 of 5

Wireless was working before, now refuse to connect, using ethernet cable still OK, how to resolve?

hi all, i'm using a lenovo 3000 N200, i usually connect to the inter-webs via my wireless router all the time. however, since yesterday, suddenly my wireless adaptor refuses to connect properly. I have re-entered my wep pass word, restarted the router everything. 

what worries me is that the other laptops in my house are not having this issue. only the lenovo is. AND it was working fine before, nothng has changed. I have tried seraching on this forum, but I can't seem to  find anyone that has managed to resolve this. Or has everyone decided to regress back to ethernet cables Smiley Sad

pls advise

j4ymz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,161
Message 2 of 5

Just in case, i get the asked the same questions...   1....

Just in case, i get the asked the same questions...

1. my wireless adaptor is definately swticed on (the icon is illuminated)

2. My wiress adaptor is enabled

3. I have tried fn+F5 (it only serves to access the wireless client panel (like a shortcut))

4. Device shows that my wireless adaptor is working perfectly

in fact it's to be noted that everything was OK, until yesterday / or day before

GeneralService
Punch Card
Views: 1,122
Message 3 of 5

Re: Wireless was working before, now refuse to connect, using ethernet cable

Mine does the same thing.  It spends a long time 'detecting proxy settings' is the mesage I get.

Make google your home page (theres less to intially load and can be quicker). 

I ended up selecting the default for everything; browser, router, antivirus, and it still takes along time for that first page to load.

If you have verizon DSL you might want to write a bat to ping a site repeatedly just to keep the dsl 'awake'.

Here's one to ping yahoo help site 99,999 times, with 1472 (max) bytes. 

ping 72.247.80.29 -n 99999 -l 1472

It's a lenovo....good luck.

3000 n100 0768-a53 windoze vista
0768-EHU: T2060(1.6GHz), 1GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm HD, 15.4in 1280x800 LCD, Intel 950, CDRW/DVDRW, 802.11bg wireless, Modem, 10/100 Ethernet, IEEE 1394, 6c Li-Ion batt, WinVista Home premium
j4ymz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,066
Message 4 of 5

Wireless was working before, now refuse to connect, using ethernet cable still OK, how to resolve?

Hi,

has anyone managed to resolve this? 

Why does the Lenovo wireless REFUSE to connect to my router? 

it was working fine before one night, and the next morning it just refused to  connect.

What could have happened over night? 

Has anyone else experianced the same thing??

pls help 

awcooper
What's DOS?
Views: 1,059
Message 5 of 5

Re: Wireless was working before, now refuse to connect,...

I just had the same thing happen. It was working fine, the user accidentally wiped the laptop and I had to reinstall Windows. I downloaded the Broadcom drivers from Lenovo and installed. It worked fine. I even fully updated it with all Windows Patches and then was able to download the Lenovo Update Utility. After updating with all Lenovo updates it stoped working. Very frustrating. I did a system restore and it worked fine again. I then started to install just some basic drivers, Video, sound, etc. but it stopped working after the Video. Something is definitely wrong. I have a linksys card installed and it works fine. I've ordered an intel card for 30 bucks. I'm not going to further troubleshoot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors