Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rperry
Not applicable
Views: 5,990
Message 1 of 10

laptop freezes when starting up!!!!

I have a brand new IdeaPad Laptop Model: V560/ Intel® Core™ i3 Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory / 500GB Hard Drive.

I've had it less than 1 week and when I powered on, it freezes with a message saying "Please Wait". After 30 minutes or so of waiting I have to do a hard reboot. I can get it to power on in safe mode, but that's it.

I've been having intermittent wifi issues as well, but if I can't get the **bleep** laptop to power on, the wifi issue is irrevelant.

Can anyone help???

XBrav
Not applicable
Views: 5,959
Message 2 of 10

Re: laptop freezes when starting up!!!!

Sounds like a configuration issue with Windows 7. Only thing I can really recommend at this point before escalating it with support would be to use the OneKey recovery button to reformat to factory specs.

I only recommend this because it is less than a week old. If you want to fix the current install, reply here and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Good luck!

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
yigit
Not applicable
Views: 5,928
Message 3 of 10

have you installed microsoft windows updates?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
mcchuster
Not applicable
Views: 5,820
Message 4 of 10

I had the same problem and it seems like theupdate did fix the issue.

egiff
Not applicable
Views: 5,708
Message 5 of 10

Which MS update fixed the issue?  

I purchased a V560 from Best Buy for my wife in January and it's now exhibiting this issue (started this weekend).  Hangs at the "please wait" just before the login.  Booting into safe mode works, but a normal windows boot frequently does not (it's not consistent).  She's getting ticked at me for buying what she feels is a piece of crap laptop compared to the less expensive Gatway running XP that we purchased from BJs Wholesale club 5 years ago.  The Lenovo was meant to replace it because the Gatway's hinge cracked and it was getting to be slow .  Other posts regarding a Thinkpad 510 mention updating the Bios and video driver, but the 510 is a different beast.  I've already applied a Windows Hotfix for the freeze at "Please Wait", but she just called me at work indicating it's doing it again.  Tips on what I should try with the laptop when I get home tonight?

mollym
Not applicable
Views: 5,517
Message 6 of 10

I just bought this same system for my son for graduation. I am having the same issue. I have run Windows Update. Is there a particular update that causes this? I'm really disappointed in this system. We have rebuilt the laptop four time since he got it a week ago! I switched to a Lenovo, but I feel like I should have stuck with Dell. I've never had this problem out of the box.

jmom
Not applicable
Views: 4,936
Message 7 of 10

Most of the posts concerning this issue are fairly old, but I purchased a Lenovo B570 laptop from Best Buy in December, 2011 and almost right from the start I was experiencing this same problem.  My son, who is a computer science major, did several things to figure out what the problem was that didn't work.  However, from the start he wondered if the problem was coming from the finger swipe process (BioExcess).  I also read somewhere else where someone uninstalled the Veriface program after having this problem and that the problem was corrected.  I tried to uninstall the finger swipe capability, but the computer wouldn't allow it.  I was able to uninstall the Veriface program and so far all of my start-ups have been smooth, no issues.  So if someone else finds they are having this problem and runs across this post, this will at least be a starting point for you to try.  It was very frustrating and I'm glad that it seems to be corrected, but Lenovo should definitely look into this issue since it is recurring.

janbeneitone
Not applicable
Views: 4,901
Message 8 of 10

How were able to uninstall veriface?  Just through add/remove programs?  I can't seem to do it and the problem is becoming more frrequent and driving me crazy.

Ganjeii
Not applicable
Views: 3,802
Message 9 of 10

You must log into safe mode and disable all Lenovo security software using the msconfig utility (at the start menu type "msconfig"). It is easiest to just do a clean boot which means disable everything under the "startup" tab, then under the "services" tab check the checkbox that says "hide all Microsoft services", then disable all. Reboot and uninstall all Lenovo security software!

Profit!!
Sweetie44
Not applicable
Views: 543
Message 10 of 10

Hi, just had a similar problem.  All of a sudden could not use laptop.  Everything frozen.  Removed the battery and then replaced it.  Voila! It's now working!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors