Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faraz_k86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,320
Message 1 of 4

latest intel display driver giving problems

I have the lenovo n200, which comes with the intel 965 chipset. I downloaded the latest drivers for this graphics chip. Its doing well and my games performance have improved a lot but the problem is that it crashes a lot. My game just shuts down and the desktop is reduced to 640 X 480 resolution with 4 bit colors. and im given a message that some .dll file related to the video driver has failed. is there any solution for this? and am i the only one getting this?

I downloaded the driver for x3100 from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2800&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

Our sweetest songs tell of saddest thought
ro4ers
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,304
Message 2 of 4

Re: latest intel display driver giving problems

I'd suggest you rollback your drivers in device manager and try installing them again. See what happens then! Btw, just out of curiosity - what games can you play on your n200 and what performance are you getting? I cant play even Counter-Strike 1.6 because of abysmal frame rates.
Retired Guru
Views: 1,295
Message 3 of 4

Most likely you have found a bug which crashes the driver. This happened with an older driver also.

Download and install an older version of the driver. Hopefully this will help.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
faraz_k86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,279
Message 4 of 4

Thx for the suggestion, ill try rolling it back and then re install it.

Im pretty much happy with my n200, it is able to run tiberium wars on medium graphic details and red alert 3 on low settings. both of them run pretty much smoothly so im glad there are no jerks during the gameplay.

I am also able to play bioshock on low settings.

my previous fujitsu laptop wasnt able to run any of these games

Our sweetest songs tell of saddest thought

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors