Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 1 of 4

lenovo 3000 N100 hard drive replacement

I had replaced my hard drive 120 gig with a new 300gig drive with pcmover by laplink. It works very well up until now . unfortunatley the computer only seems to recognise 111gigs of the 300gigs for some reason and is fast running out of space with all the constant updates etc.

Does anyone have any ideas? bios update? Windows reinstall?

Many thanks in advance!

Paul01

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,081
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo 3000 N100 hard drive replacement

I'm guessing you installed a 320 GB drive as 300 is an uncommon size.  From what you described it sounds like the hard drive may have been incorrectly partitioned by PC Mover.  That PC Mover created a partition on the new drive to match your old one without offering to adjust for full use of the new drive's size.   Use Windows Disk Management to view the drive and see if the missing space is unallocated.  If it is unallocated then try using a program like Paragon's Free Partition Manager to resize your operating system partition to the drive's full size.  Here is a link to that free program.....

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-express/

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Paul01
Paper Tape
Views: 1,054
Message 3 of 4

Thank you Majestic for your valued solution. Just for the benefit of others I have explained how I did it.

Once I could make enough space to download the program onto the drive i had another problem that some program in the background was using the space that I was creating. Very frustrating at first. I was able to get round this by downloading the partition program onto another computer and putting it onto a usb flash drive then running it from there on the origional lenovo computer. I applied your solution and it sorted the problem and the lenovo recognises the full 320gig drive now finally. I had been battling with this for 12 months previously. Thanks again.

Paul01

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,047
Message 4 of 4

You're very welcome.  Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem.

Thanks for posting back with an update !

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors