Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmkh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 472
Message 1 of 4

lenovo v470 fingerpoint doesn't work

hi guys my finger point reader dosnt work i tried to download the driver but it's still does't work and there to unknown device in my computer >> 1 - pci simple communication controller 

2- usb2.00 -crw

i think this problem is genral for lenovo v470 

i have friend had the same problem 

btw i had windows 8 

thx

Moderator comment: Please refrain from bumping your threads more frequently than 3 days. Doing so unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards. Bumping post removed.

ahmkh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 437
Message 2 of 4

Re: lenovo v470 fingerpoint doesn't work

up

a_scientist
Blue Screen Again
Views: 276
Message 3 of 4

The fingerpoint on my T470, which previously worked fine, now does not work.  Device Manager says it is bad.  I tried looking for a new driver, as well as enabling/disabling, and deleting and re-searching.  The "roll back" button is disabled.  I tried to find "Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro" in programs and it is not there.  I'm trying to figure out if this is hardware or software.  I did a Windows update not too long ago -and wonder if these are temporally related.  Thoughts?  Thanks. 

a_scientist
Blue Screen Again
Views: 217
Message 4 of 4

Just a follow-up for all.  I had a Lenovo technician examine the machine.  There is NO hardware problem (i.e., replacement of the fingerprint reader does not fix the problem).  So...the theory is a bad driver.  All drivers were updated - no fix.  I uninstalled Windows/Adobe updates from "after the failure" - no change.  I looked to see if I had a restore point from before the failure - and unfortunately did not.  So... I think I need Microsoft/Lenovo to work this out.  Any other ideas out there? Thanks. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors