Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CajunTigers
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 2

n580 Stuck on "lenovo' splash screen.

I have a friends Lenovo IdeaPad N580 laptop that is stuck on the "lenovo" splash screen (black screen with lenovo written in bold text).  It has a Windows 8 label on the bottom of the laptop.  I have tried the following steps 

1)  a. Remove battery and power adapter, then press power button for 20 seconds

b. Plug in power adapter only and then press power button for 10 seconds

c. Try powering on laptop.   Same reults with the lenovo splash screen and nothing else.

2)  Press novo button (next to power button)  Same results with the lenovo splash screen and nothing else.  No menu options or                   bios options or boot options

3)  Press (f2, f8, f12, esc, 'function F2', 'function F8', 'function F12') right after pressing power button witht he same results of lenovo             splash screen and nothing else.

Please advise what can I try next to get to the bios or recovery options or boot to the hard drive.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 133
Message 2 of 2

Re: n580 Stuck on "lenovo' splash screen.

Hi CajunTigers! Welcome to our forums community. Is the laptop completely off when you press the Novo button? If not, check under BIOS if HDD is detected. The steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht500216. If yes, once you are in the BIOS page, go to the Exit Tab > Choose Load default settings > Hit the Enter Key > Choose Yes. After that, still in the Exit Tab > Choose Exit saving changes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals