Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpatrickk
What's DOS?
Views: 3,511
Message 1 of 6

password manager

Hello,

my password manager can not use my fingerprint hardware anymore. When logging into vista, everything works fine. When i take a look at the fingerprint software, everything seems to be good. However, when I want to open a website with a password i have to enter my pwd everytime, which is annoying. Does anyone know what I may try to do, except reinstallation of everything?

Best regards,

Patrick
johnybaran
Paper Tape
Views: 3,491
Message 2 of 6

Re: password manager

I have the same problem. Look at "Client Security Solution Problem" on this community.
monkeyking
Serial Port
Views: 3,433
Message 3 of 6

Same problem here
ElNa25sew
Paper Tape
Views: 3,415
Message 4 of 6

I am using a Lenovo laptop, N200 Windows XP professional less than 1 month old
I've been having the same issue with client security. the fingerprint reader works when I start up the computer; but any attempt to use it after that does not work.  I get the message that fingerprint authentication is required and the device is not installed.  I've spoken with TechSupport who helped me uninstall and re-install on several occassions with no success. They finally suggested I unistall the software saying it is software normally only used on Thinpads and not initially intended for Lenovo computers.   I suppose they are working on a fix for this problem since so many users are having the same issue.
MikeB
Paper Tape
Views: 3,361
Message 5 of 6

I have 3000 series v200. Same issue with fingerprint reader, First password software stopped "seeing" the reader. After several reinstalls still not working. Finally did a total reinstall of entire operating system. Password maneger now recognizes the reader, popped up on first use to swipe finger successfully but fails to pop for subsequent logins. There appears to be a serious compatibility issue between this software and hardware.
leponin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,214
Message 6 of 6

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors