01-27-2019 07:25 PM
I'm connecting the laptop HDMI port to the monitor DP port using a HDMI<--> DP cable.
I've tried the following, but nothing seems to help
1. installed latest drivers
2. installed latest firmware
3. tested connecting to another monitor using HDMI to HDMI cable, and it works
4. Tested the DP monitor using other laptops, and it works fine.
5. Used F10 to extend screen
6. Used a new HDMI <--> DP cable and doesn't work
Any thoughts what i can do differently?
03-28-2019 12:31 PM - edited 03-28-2019 12:32 PM
I have a Lenovoe V110 15AST with exactly the same problem, I'm beginning to think the old monitor is just not up to the task.
I have reduced the resolution to minimum for laptop and still only get the "signal over range" notice on the monitor.
2 monitors are detected, but both as the one attached to laptop, it will not detect the external one. So as above, any help gratefully received.