Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
020McKenzie12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,998
Message 11 of 18

Re: v570 won't start up

Thanks, Yigit, but I don't feel technically proficient enough to pull/exchange ram sticks.  I did go in and pull the hard drive (after Customer Support strongly recommended I do that), but the connection is different than I am seeing on threads about recovering data from dead machines.  Any advice on how to connect to the HDD to copy my files would be greatly appreciated!

020McKenzie12
Paper Tape
Views: 1,998
Message 12 of 18

07stiltd:

Any resolution?  What did you hear from Customer Support?  I am still trying to get Lenovo to pay the freight both ways for my dead machine.

skay_baltimore
SCSI Port
Views: 1,991
Message 13 of 18

I don't know if this will help, but I just purchased a V570, and noticed that when I have a USB thumb drive installed in any of the USB ports, and reboot the computer (or try to boot it when it's totally turned off) the laptop will not boot. The only way to get it to boot is to remove the USB thumb drive, then it boots normally. I went into the BIOS setup to try to change the boot order (it was initially set to USB FDD as the first device in the ordering scheme), but that did not help. Every time I had left the USB drive installed, the laptop refused to boot. I do not have this problem with a cheap Toshiba laptop, and it's very frustrating.

Highlighted
07stiltd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,941
Message 14 of 18

020McKenzie12 - I didn't even bothering arguing with lenovo abou covering the freight.  I just paid my $20 to ship it to their repair depot, where it is now listed as waiting for parts that are on backorder.  So no time-frame for when this hunk of junk will be back in my possession.....  Lenovo is not inspiring my confidence in their products at all.  30 day old laptop fails and there is a parts shortage, so it's obviously a known failure mode.  I'd be a little happier if they had picked up the shipping both ways, but I'd rather they have enough repair parts to fix the **bleep** thing and get it back in my possession.  It's cutting into my productivity....

robinp88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,882
Message 15 of 18

i bought my lenovo v570 on dec. 3, 2011. i am on my third problem with this lappy. first was a boot issue. second was the fingerprint reader stoped working and they had me delete it. this time it wont power up. no lights no fan no nothing. this is my second lenovo i also have a y530. i love the lenovo lappy's there very well made but this second one is a train wreck and i would like to have it replaced at this point. seems the v570 have known issues. for now im taking it to geek squad they will repair it thru lenovo warranty service. we will see what happens i guess.

JNathan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,445
Message 16 of 18

I have this same sort of issue. With a flash drive inserted in any usb port, the laptop will not boot up. Just bought the laptop a few weeks ago. Has Lenovo resolved this yet?

jangchup
What's DOS?
Views: 958
Message 17 of 18

This solution worked for me, I took out the RAMs and reinstalled it and it came alive!! thank you....
MrTom000
What's DOS?
Views: 919
Message 18 of 18

I just ran into one of these models. My customer was complaining about a black screen and the computer wouldn't boot. I tried it here and it powered up okay, resumed windows, and starting charging the battery from 0%.

Today it was doing some boot optimization program. I came back to the computer and it was at a black screen, but powered on. Nothing fixed the black screen after you turned on the power. Removed the HD, swapped the RAM and 1 at a time, removed the CD drive and wireless card, removed the CMOS battery.

So I removed the main battery. But now the computer doesn't even power on after that. Plugged the battery back in and still nothing. I tested 11.3 and 12 volts on some pins. Seems like it's charged. I have 20 volts on the power adapter. This thing is just dead now. Had a slow death.

I don't think I'm going to recommend a motherboard replacement since this model seems to be a lemon.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors