Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wstuppert
Paper Tape
Views: 1,891
Message 1 of 4

warranty void when upgrading memory?

Would I void my warranty, if I would upgrade the memory of a lenovo laptop from 1GB to 2GB? I would really appreciate a definite answer, since I would like to buy a lenovo laptop, but only if I can upgrade the memory myself without voiding the warranty (assuming that I do not make a mistake when installing the memory).
Macca
Punch Card
Views: 1,877
Message 2 of 4

Re: warranty void when upgrading memory?

No you wont void the warranty when upgrading memory.
it's hard to make a mistake installing memory, on my Lenovo it's just one screw to remove the cover and then slot the memory  in i upgraded mine as soon as i bought it from 1gb to 3gb it's easy and it does speed thing up.

Message Edited by Macca on 05-18-2008 12:55 PM
wstuppert
Paper Tape
Views: 1,869
Message 3 of 4

thank you for your answer! i would appreciate if i could here an official voice, too.

wolf
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,864
Message 4 of 4

wstuppert wrote:
thank you for your answer! i would appreciate if i could here an official voice, too.

This is a user-to-user support forum, so it's likely you won't get an official answer.

The answer, though, is that memory is a Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) part, and upgrading it will have no effect on your warranty.

You don't mention which model you're considering, but instructions and videos for many models can be found at http://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/ion/

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors