GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Views: 297219
  • Message 1 of 12

Live G+ Hangout on the X1 Carbon

2014-01-20, 8:14 AM

Google Hangout 1200x300.jpg

Join us on 21st Jan @ 9 pm EST as Lenovo hosts a Google+ Hangout and chat about the new ThinkPad X1 Carbon. 

We’ll have Lenovo product experts from the ThinkPad Business Group – Dilip Bhatia, VP and GM with Alysia Baker, product manager, joined by a Lenovo advocate and a tech blogger. We’ll discuss the new features of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon, the engineering and design of this machine & the specs, of course.

Ask us questions and you may walk away with a surprise.
Be sure to mark your calendar and take part by using the Q&A feature or using hashtags #lenovohangouts #X1Carbon on Twitter & G+ 

Learn more about the new ThinkPad X1 Carbon

Info on the participants:

Dilip Bhatia
VP & GM, ThinkPad Business Unit

Alysia Baker
WW Product Marketing Manager for ThinkPad

Chris Karaffa
Chris is a systems engineer with global consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton.  His background includes large, complex system acquisitions; software development; and instructional design.  He has been a ThinkPad user for the past ten years, and prior to that was a “built it yourself” computer user.  When it comes to technology and consumer electronics, Chris’s primary interests are in human factors, user experience/acceptance, and misbehavior management.

Raju PP
Raju is a developer turned technology blogger, and is the founder-editor at http://techpp.com. He has a keen eye on the latest happenings in consumer technology.

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

789 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Message 2 of 12

Re: Live G+ Hangout on the X1 Carbon

2014-01-22, 2:06 AM

And we are LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSkeLFA_-cE#t=63

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. Did you find a post helpful? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up! Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Options

789 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Message 3 of 12

2014-01-22, 2:31 AM

Have a question about the ThinkPad X1 Carbon's battery life?

Watch the video here.

Options

789 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Message 4 of 12

2014-01-22, 2:35 AM

Check out the new Adaptive keyboard on the new ThinkPad X1 Carbon - video below:

Options

3 Posts

01-22-2014

Florence, SC

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 5 of 12

2014-01-22, 2:43 AM
They didn't get to my question. Could you answer it?

Is it as rigid as the Magnesium frame in my T61? I seriously need to upgrade, but I have a hard time letting go of my old machine. I'm afraid of what I'll be losing on a thinner machine with less ports and really worried that it won't stand up to getting knocked around like my T61. Also is as easy to maintain and keep clean? What if I upgrade and I get into a dusty or otherwise bad environment. Will I be able to pop the keyboard off and clean it out easily with a duster can? Also how is it protected against spills? Do liquids flow through drain holes like on my current Thinkpad? #dadquestions #lenovohangouts #thinkpadx1carbon

What happened with the feed?
Options

789 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Message 6 of 12

2014-01-22, 2:46 AM

Technical issue with the feed. The team is working on resolving these.

Did you post your questions already in Twitter, Jason? I have pinged them as well about them - they should respond soon - :)

Bear with us in the meantime..

serene

Options

3 Posts

01-22-2014

Florence, SC

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 7 of 12

2014-01-22, 2:47 AM

Let me try Twitter

Options

789 Posts

08-03-2011

GB

11689 Signins

297219 Page Views

• Message 8 of 12

2014-01-22, 3:23 AM

K Jason

I have added your questions and we will work on the answers. Give us a day or two, k?

serene

Options

7634 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 9 of 12

2014-01-22, 3:24 AM

Jason,

The T61 is really a different class of system than the X1 Carbon so you are asking some good questions, but I think you might pick some other systems for comparison.  T and X have very different design / use case profiles.

The T61 and follow on T400, 410,420, 430, 440 are workhorse systems designed to generally replace a desktop while still being portable.  They are rugged and there is a lot of space inside for roll cage, ports, etc.   The X series is designed to optimize weight, size, transportability.  

When we came out with the X300, I think that was really the start of a new genre, and I see the X1 as taking that concept to the next level in terms of weight, battery life, and a good mix of feature / functionality.

Yes, there is less space for ports and so there are fewer than on your T series.  There is also no internal optical drive / ultrabay.  I can remember when I couldn't imagine a system not having a floppy drive.  Similarly, I couldn't imagine (for a while) not having an optical to load software or recovery media.  Now, USB and increasingly, online software delivery mechanisms are rendering that less important.

The ultraportables don't pop apart as easily as some of the older systems like your T61.  Removing the keyboard may be a bit more complex than just the 1 or 2 screws.

It is very rigid for its cross section.

Mark

Options

3 Posts

01-22-2014

Florence, SC

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Message 10 of 12

2014-01-22, 3:30 AM

Wow, thank you for the answer. I knew it wouldn't have an optical drive, but my main concern was that I wouldn't be able to get into it to clean it out. I see from your answer that it's designed so that I shouldn't ever have to do that to begin with. Everything is sealed off for the most part. I saw someone in the hangout responded and said I could just turn it over and shake out any liquid. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save