Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ikjadoon
Punch Card
Views: 2,927
Message 1 of 3

A couple of questions about the X1 Yoga! :D

1. Does the micro 65W adapter come standard with the X1 Yoga or is that an add-on? I can't find it in the configurator online.
  2. What are going to be some of the software tweaks for OLED?
  3. Is a Windows Hello-supported webcam going to be available or just the fingerprint reader?
  4. Is it DDR4 or DDR3 (or even LPDDR3)? The website says DDR3, but the PowerPoint on the CES devices (at least on the X1 Carbon, which I thought was identical) says DDR4?
  5. How much of a concern is battery life / burn-in on the OLED?
  6. Is there a reason USB type-C wasn't included?

Lots of random questions, haha. Smiley Very Happy I'm really excited for the X1 Yoga, though...been waiting for a device like this for years.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,870
Message 2 of 3

Re: A couple of questions about the X1 Yoga! :D

@ikjadoon wrote:
  1. Does the micro 65W adapter come standard with the X1 Yoga or is that an add-on? I can't find it in the configurator online.
    It's an add-on. Availability is later in the spring.
  2. What are going to be some of the software tweaks for OLED?
    Check this post.
  3. Is a Windows Hello-supported webcam going to be available or just the fingerprint reader?
    They say the camera does support Hello.
  4. Is it DDR4 or DDR3 (or even LPDDR3)? The website says DDR3, but the PowerPoint on the CES devices (at least on the X1 Carbon, which I thought was identical) says DDR4?
    DDR3.
  5. How much of a concern is battery life / burn-in on the OLED?
    The OLED version gets about 2 hours less on battery than the LED. Lenovo has put a lot of energy into making sure the OLED does not burn in, and provides you with tools which allow you to optimize it's display characteristics and battery use.
  6. Is there a reason USB type-C wasn't included?
    Lenovo talked to a lot of ThinkPad users: They don't like carrying dongles to connect to existing devices, so Lenovo included more varied ports rather than removing and replacing with USB-C. A better user experience is the goal. As USB-C devices become more ubiquitous this could change.

Lots of random questions, haha. Smiley Very Happy I'm really excited for the X1 Yoga, though...been waiting for a device like this for years.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
ikjadoon
Punch Card
Views: 2,800
Message 3 of 3

Re: A couple of questions about the X1 Yoga! :D

Oh, you're awesome. Thank you so much for the detailed reply! Smiley Very Happy

Just a clarification on #3: the camera does support Windows Hello? Or the fingerprint reader supports Windows Hello? I was under the impression Windows Hello-compatible cameras requried infrared sensors. See this article here.

Thanks for #1, #2, #4, and #5.

For #6: I understand that mindset. Eh, it would've been nice, but I see where they're coming from.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top tags