Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 2,808
Message 31 of 34

Re: P40 Yoga Matte or Glossy

Okay, so there is a matte screen treatment present, it just isn't to your standard of use. That is a mega-bummer. Smiley Sad

Wow, that is excellent battery life. I'm a little jealous of your display now. I'm betting I don't get quite that much longevity because of the WQHD. 

There are textured "soft-tip" nibs, but they're hard to get. 

This Bamboo Smart pen comes with a single textured nib out of the three it comes with. But, it and extra nibs for it aren't on sale in the US yet. They were supposed to go on sale in February I think, but haven't. They are on sale overseas. I had a friend in Singapore procure one for me. The textured nib is great, and the barrel on the Bamboo Smart is a little less slippy. 

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/stylus/bamboo-smart-for-select-tablets-and-2in1#Overview

It looks like Wacom's US online store is down until April 4th? Maybe there will be new things when it comes back up? 

When you order the larger Thinkpad Pen Pro, it doesn't come with extra nibs or a nib puller. At least mine didn't. 

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/4X80H34887/460/41E9A3C3FB5A45A9AC47C56812E4188C#4X80H34887

But, the one for the Miix 700 (a consumer device) does. I know they're different stylus tech, but they look like they're manufactured in an almost identical way. You'd have to check the serial numbers to know the difference. I wish I'd kept mine, just to try out the nibs, haha. 

The nibs from the included P40 TP Pro pen, Thinkpad Pen Pro, and Wacom Bamboo smart pen are all the same, by the way. I've been trying them out to see which one I like best. 

Highlighted
BrendaEM
Punch Card
Views: 2,781
Message 32 of 34

I returned the P40 today. IMHO, other than the screen, the P40 is an excellent computer. If the screen surface finish and gamut were close to W540, it would have the computer I liked better than any other.

The issue with putting an applicay over a glossy screen is that the matte diffusing surface is far enough from the pixel elments to blur adjacent pixels.

I still have an issue that I need a lighter computer than my W540. I will likely buy another Lenovo. To elliminate senseless buy/return process, I will have to gather more anectdotal information from others. The T460s with an M500M  looks interesting, but I am not going to buy unless I know for more certain what to expect from the screen.

Better specs from Lenovo would definatly help. We need not only nits of brightness and contrast ratio. Listing surface finish on matte screens would help. Posting the Gamut is vitally important, esspecially for most people who use mobile workstations. As customers, if there is a GPU in it, we care about how things look.

[Present: W540/K2100/4800QM/24GB. Past: X220, S10, T61P]
ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 2,607
Message 33 of 34

Hey, I finally found a screen protector I really like with the P40. It's got the right amount of glare control, and just the right amount of grit for a drawing surface. I found it on Amazon, and the company shipped from Hong Kong to the US. I made a whole list for what I'm using, and the screen protector link is right toward the top. Smiley Happy 

Arthur's Accessories List

BrendaEM
Punch Card
Views: 1,983
Message 34 of 34

I was wondering if they ever replaced the P40 screen with a better one.

BTW, Waccom is coming out with 2 new tablet computers with quite matte displays that are of coarse waccom compatable, so it seems that a mighty company such as Lenovo could put a proper matte display on a computer you can draw on.

[Present: W540/K2100/4800QM/24GB. Past: X220, S10, T61P]

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top tags