01-06-2016 11:04 PM - edited 01-06-2016 11:18 PM
The following three posts show identical views of the X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga. Which is which, and why?
A: X1 Carbon or Yoga?
B: X1 Carbon or Yoga?
Sorry the lighting is funky .
The first person with the correct answer and best explanations as to why wins a 250hp steam-powered ThinkProp outboard motor with barbeque grill, coal shovel, and optional IoT fire hydrant direct-connect, oars, and smartphone app.
01-07-2016 11:51 AM - edited 01-07-2016 03:21 PM
Well that's an easy one! In second post the yoga is A because it has 4 rubber feet on each corner of keyboard in case it is flipped inside out.
I will let someone else guess the other pics.
01-08-2016 03:39 PM
How about the first and third pair of photos?
One of the reasons I took these photos is to show that the ThinkPad X1 Carbon gen 4 and ThinkPad X1 Yoga ARE in many aspects alike. In fact they share the same (PDF) Hardware Maintenance Manual!
So who can identify which is which in all three pairs of photos ?
01-08-2016 04:34 PM
1. Picture: A is X1 Carbon, B is X1 Yoga
2. Picture: A is X1 Yoga, B is X1 Carbon
3. Picture: A is X1 Yoga, B is X1 Carbon
1. picture, you see the hinges that are visible on the X1 Yoga lid. They have to be, because they are Yoga hinges. X1 Carbon hinges are hidden under the screen cover.
2. picture, as noted, the rubber bumpers on the X1 Yoga palmrest, and the power-button on the X1 Carbon palmrest
3. picture, the most difficult, but if you look closely, you can see the little slot for the pen in picture a in the X1 Yoga chassis (front left corner).