Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 7,395
Message 11 of 31

Re: Sneak Peek: First impressions of the ThinkPad T470s

You're welcome. I'm sure you'll be happy. So far I've really enjoyed the review unit.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

d3si_hokie
Not applicable
Views: 5,204
Message 12 of 31

Does the T470s work with the existing Thinkpad Ultra Dock 90W.

fast_call
Not applicable
Views: 4,861
Message 13 of 31

I read this holding my breath, hoping, hoping... that Lenovo comes to its senses and would release a business notebook with a 16:10 screen (or even better, 3:2); Sadly, this is not the case, and I lost all hope for the Thinkpad line.
Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 4,811
Message 14 of 31

@d3si_hokie wrote:

Hi d3si_hokie,

I do not own the dock and do not have info on it regarding T470s compatibility. Perhaps after the T470s is available to more customers, someone will be able to help.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

zoltanthegypsy
Not applicable
Views: 4,806
Message 15 of 31

@d3si_hokie wrote:

FWIW, Quick Pick lists it as compatible with the T470s.  I can't speak from personal experience.

http://www.lenovoquickpick.com/usa/system/thinkpad/t-series/t470s#category/146

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

d3si_hokie
Not applicable
Views: 4,726
Message 16 of 31

Thanks for the info. I am waiting for the release of this laptop.

Mamutcheto
Not applicable
Views: 4,276
Message 17 of 31

Hi,

What's the real world battery life on this thing? Also, would it handle heavier workload (a local SQL server Express eddition installation for example)? 

Bartinbrook
Not applicable
Views: 4,190
Message 18 of 31

I have a T440s which I'm seriously thinking about replacing with a T470s. I have Dell monitor (Dell U2713H) attached to the T440s via the Mini DisplayPort. It looks like the T470s doesn't have a Mini DisplayPort so will I have to use the HDMI port instead or could I use the USB C port with an adaptor?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 4,175
Message 19 of 31

That's a great question, and because the T470s is so versatile, the answer is kinda crazy: To get to video (e.g. DisplayPort), directly on the machine you have:

HDMI

USB-C/Thunderbolt 3

USB 3.0

ThinkPad Docking Port

WiGig (optional)

VGA (good old analog video I will ignore it but amazing how often it's still useful)

There are adapters and docks from all the digital ports to DisplayPort and/or Mini DisplayPort.

Which you use is a personal choice: Do you prefer an adapter or a dock? I like docks because they reduce the number of things I have to plug in when I get back to my desk.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Bartinbrook
Not applicable
Views: 4,146
Message 20 of 31

Thanks for that. I see Lenovo sell a USB-C to HDMI adaptor, so I think I'll go for that rather that having an HDMI cable on the righthand side of my desk (it's a very small desk and I try to keep all the cables on one side...I know that sounds odd but it does make sense, believe me!) 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals