Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squilliam
Serial Port
Views: 3,289
Message 11 of 15

Re: Sneak peek: ThinkPad X1 Yoga Generation 2 Review

The latest standard is 4K 60Hz with 10 bit colour depth. If the Lenovo Yoga X1 cannot output this over HDMI, then it is already "behind". 

Also, the difference is far more noticeable on dedicated monitors compared with television sets which are invariably of inferior quality and latency. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,256
Message 12 of 15

I'm still not clear what your application is? If you look at all the up-and-coming standards, every laptop could be classified as "behind"!

What I tested on is not technically a television, but a display.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
smonrad
Paper Tape
Views: 975
Message 13 of 15

The X-1 Yoga gen 2 has an SD card slot? You mention it is on the back. I don't see it as available on an order.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 973
Message 14 of 15

@smonrad wrote:

The X-1 Yoga gen 2 has an SD card slot? You mention it is on the back. I don't see it as available on an order.

From what I see in the links below, it's a micro SD card slot, and it's standard.  Are you not seeing it as an option (it doesn't appear to be since it's standard) or in the specs?

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Think%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/ThinkPad%20X1%20Yoga%20(2...

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/x1_yoga_ug_en.pdf

I have a Gen1 and it 's on the back under a little plastic flap. That seems to be the case with Gen2.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

smonrad
Paper Tape
Views: 951
Message 15 of 15

Thank you for the clarification. A micro slot is better than none I suppose.

The specs also list a Sim card slot.

Both the microSD and Sim card are related to phones, which is the mass market way of handling images.

Both the gen 1 and gen 3 X1 Carbons we have allowed the SD card slot as an option.

For professional photography SD cards are the standard.

We'll just have to get used to the dongle approach.

We will buy the Gen 2 X1 Yoga even so.

Do you have knowledge of the different screens? Have read good reviews of the screens/pen combo

and that the OLED screen has true colors.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals