cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auda
Paper Tape
Views: 1,284
Message 21 of 25

Re: Status of the Retro ThinkPad project ?

bladesan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,085
Message 22 of 25

Holding my fingers crossed and waiting for details.

Hopefully Lenovo has nailed what users were talking about - I know that it is/will be hard to please everybody, but there are things we can live without and adopt, assuming that core ergonomics and choices that made/make thinkpad the "ThinkPad" are covered. Recent ThinkPads have stripped most of the things we loved and cared about and that was a problem for most of us. 

bladesan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 360
Message 23 of 25

Saw the leaked image. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed, but it is small step in right direction - definitely would not call it Retro; It is much better than bunch of last series of T4XXs. Regarding the price it should be priced the same as T470s with same specs - "should not cost more than 5000" ... pffff, what a baloney. 

If it would cost much more, I would probably get T470 and buy T25th replacement keyboard and just glued it there.

I guess I'll have to wait for 15,6" model, but only if it has the same keyboard WITHOUT numeric keyboard (eg is centered). Also I need i7 Quad Core. this case if I'm moving from W510, all I'm loosing is 3 LEDs (and trackpad buttons, but I don't use that) .. if Lenovo does that I'm buying! If not I'll probably use W510 for another decade.

HW2
What's DOS?
Views: 55
Message 24 of 25

Sold in unlimited countries with limited quantity, forget it.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 264
Message 25 of 25

The status is released, therefore I'm closing this thread

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals