Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BassGuitarPanda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,497
Message 11 of 21

Re: Your On-The-Scene Reporter is Here!

Great, then. So, a better build quality than an average Ideapad, then? Maybe even comparable to ThinkPads(that would be the best)? Smiley Very Happy I will probably get the Y720, then Smiley Happy And about the Cube Y710...I am at one location less than a week at a time...sometimes I stay at the same location for only a day, so I really do need something portable that I can carry around every day and use anywhere...and if I was to buy a stationary PC, I'd probably build it myself. Nothing against Lenovo or anything, it's just that if you build it yourself, you have the maximum flexibility and I like that Smiley Wink And yeah, I heard lots of nice stuff about X1 Yoga...it even endures having water spilled over itself, I heard...that's crazy...didn't know an era of water resistant laptops was already here Smiley Very Happy But it isn't the most capable gaming machine, sadly :/ But that ain't its point, so I still think it's gonna be a good laptop. I think my father is considering getting it, since he's a bit careless and he dropped his T440p 2 floors, TWICE already and there's only a dent at one corner...but he needs a new laptop for better performance and likes versatility and does absolutely no gaming or CAD, so a dedicated graphics card plays absolutely no role for him Smiley Very Happy Yeah...we are a bit of a Lenovo family...including my gf and her family Smiley Tongue

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,499
Message 12 of 21

Re: I'm a Lenovo INsider at #LenovoCES. What would you like to see or know more about?

ThinkCentre desktop and Tiny news.   I'm expecting some news regarding Intel Kaby Lake support. 

Thanks much.  -Alan.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,479
Message 13 of 21

Re: I'm a Lenovo INsider at #LenovoCES. What would you like to see or know more about?

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any product demos for the ThinkCentre line. The servers are here, but no towers outside of the AIO gaming and Y710 Cube.

The focus this year seems to be on portability. I'm not quite sure when they intend on refreshing the line.
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,477
Message 14 of 21

@BassGuitarPanda the build quality is certainly superior to the entry level machines. The Y720 will be more robust versus the Y520, and the only thing to be aware of is the weight (it is a hefty unit, which is to be expected given its specifications).

I was joking about the Y710 cube. You'd need to drag all the peripherals with you haha. But I can definitely relate to the portability. I work on the road often, and I don't like carrying my old workstation PC that I use at my company (I'm slowly converting them to Lenovo, but I currently work on a workstation that is 7+ years old maxxed out on specs). The Cube's biggest feature is that they seem to have crammed a GTX 1080 and i7 processor into a Micro ATX form. I usually build my own towers too, but I have to admit, the fact that they made a top-of-the-line gaming PC in the form factor of a case of beer is pretty amazing.

If you are looking 100% for gaming, then yes, the X1 line simply won't cut it. I did however manage to get Portal 2 to run on the Miix 510 last week at nearly 60fps (the frame rate drop was a result of FRAPS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN0GhDJgLNw

I have the Y700, and I REALLY want the Y720. R.I.P. my wallet.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,475
Message 15 of 21

Betreff: Your On-The-Scene Reporter is Here!

puntohgt2008, I tried my hardest to get at that VR headset...
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,442
Message 16 of 21

Glad you're having a good time at the Lenovo Show, and thank you for bringing the experience home to the Forums! Smiley Happy

I've read some reports that the new (gen5) X1 Carbon has a new outer cover "material', vs the more "metallic" feel of the gen3/4. The pre-production gen2 X1 Tablet I've got has a soft-touch feel material covering, also. It reminds me of the feel of a venerable 600X I had, from work, many moons ago.

If you get a chance to speak with Kevin Beck, please ask him if that's a valid comparison. I really liked the feel of the 600X, and of the new X1 Tablet. It's be great if Lenovo is moving back to that.

Thanks!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,421
Message 17 of 21

I'll hunt down Kevin tomorrow and ask. I was a bit busy watching Linus break things...linus.jpg

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,408
Message 18 of 21

Thanks!
Tell him his pal who also has the 'calcified muscle memory' said hello! Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,380
Message 19 of 21

You must be memorable for Kevin to remember you just by mentioning your first name haha!

I spoke with Kevin and Sachin about the new case. Basically, to get the new cameras in at the top of the screen, the manufacuring of the foam layers in between the carbon fiber needed to be fully re-engineered. Simply put, the old foam didn't handle selective recompression to design custom thickness areas. It resulted in a slight reduction of the shell size.

As well, with the new changes, the antennas were moved to the bottom of the display.

Kevin covers the reasons a bit in the below video:

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,378
Message 20 of 21

He also referred the new feeling "sensation" as super fuzzy peach.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals