Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,979
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor

Legion Y27gq 1600x900.png

Spectacular visuals for extreme gaming with a 240Hz refresh rate and advanced @nvidia G-SYNC HDR technology. #LenovoCES

The Lenovo Legion Y27gq-25 combines the extreme refresh rate of 240Hz, the fastest response time of 0.5ms, and the
advanced NVIDIA ®️ G-SYNC™ R3 technology for an insanely fast and smooth gaming experience. Minimized screen tearing,
display stutter, and input lag allow you to enjoy distraction-free gaming. With enhanced responsiveness and reduced motion
blur you can take full advantage of the crucial split-seconds during fast-paced gaming sessions.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

techblogger911
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,465
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor

@Serene_Lenovo wrote:

Legion Y27gq 1600x900.png

Spectacular visuals for extreme gaming with a 240Hz refresh rate and advanced @nvidia G-SYNC HDR technology. #LenovoCES

The Lenovo Legion Y27gq-25 combines the extreme refresh rate of 240Hz, the fastest response time of 0.5ms, and the
advanced NVIDIA ®️ G-SYNC™ R3 technology for an insanely fast and smooth gaming experience. Minimized screen tearing,
display stutter, and input lag allow you to enjoy distraction-free gaming. With enhanced responsiveness and reduced motion
blur you can take full advantage of the crucial split-seconds during fast-paced gaming sessions.

Really interested to see how TN has been improved with this model. Maybe it becomes a solid alternative to IPS again. I still rather take a very good TN over a backlight bleed ridden IPS everyday. I do no content creation or photo editing, I do not care about 100% accurate colors. I had IPS panels here and I think the difference is visible, but not groundbreaking. Backlight bleed however is for me. Lets see if that new monitor can replace my S2716DG.

Sammy45
Paper Tape
Views: 1,829
Message 3 of 10

When can I purchase Y27gq Monitor? Does it run true 8-bit color depth? Does it also support G-Sync HDR? What are the requirements to run 1440P 240hz? And, what's price point?

Len0vation
SCSI Port
Views: 1,655
Message 4 of 10

One website indicated April for the release date month and near 1K for the price.   Would call and ask Lenovo.

Sammy45
Paper Tape
Views: 1,286
Message 5 of 10

Okay it's April now, but where the heck is the add to cart option? I want to buy Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor very badly!
r_s
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 6 of 10

It seems to me, that the proclaimed release date for technically advanced monitors is more of a lower bound than an actual point in time. Like several other big manufacturers, lenovo announces something like this beautiful piece of a monitor and effectively keeps me from buying anything else that's available right now. What follows is usually up to one year of silence, rumors and waiting. Sometimes there's even a downgrade in specs before the release. It seems most important to avoid mentioning release dates too far in the future, so no information is given at all. That's reasonable from lenovo's point of view.

There's no official confirmation of the rumored release in april, it could very well be months away. I am actually tired of the information policy that's behind this and will grudgingly pick from the monitors that are available right now. Waiting for monitors is literally a never ending story.

Len0vation
SCSI Port
Views: 770
Message 7 of 10

Something that uses the gsync for the Nvidia-powered gaming laptops would be preferable, personally, not important.   How the information gets out might be part of how they determine necessity of manufacuring something before they place it on the market.

CeramicSentient
What's DOS?
Views: 573
Message 8 of 10

Any news on the release of this monitor?

Every article suggested a April Release and a $999 price but we are now in May without a mention of this monitor since the initial press release?

SimselOr
What's DOS?
Views: 403
Message 9 of 10

I guess it'll be December... Before then Asus has released the same panel and this will not be bought... Too bad for Lenovo ;-(

There is also no answer from Lenovo side really sad...

Highlighted
CeramicSentient
What's DOS?
Views: 304
Message 10 of 10

@SimselOr wrote:

I guess it'll be December... Before then Asus has released the same panel and this will not be bought... Too bad for Lenovo ;-(

There is also no answer from Lenovo side really sad...

True. 

As soon as ASUS and Acer launch their versions, who will buy the Lenovo?

The monitor itself isn’t aesthetically pleasing, that stand is horrible with the holes,

However,

if they had launched early in April as originally stated, they could have got a fair few sales. 

The longer they leave it, the more people will move on and it just seems it’s not ready and that was why ASUS and others haven’t announced anything yet. 

As soon as they do, any interest in this will fizzle out straight away. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals