Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yuke82
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,365
Message 11 of 46

Re: Lenovo Legion Y27gq Monitor

Hey, the monitor is available and price-reduced in germany/netherlands for a while now.

https://www.lenovo.com/nl/nl/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/gaming/Y27gq-25A19270QY0-27inch-Monit...

https://www.lenovo.com/de/de/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/gaming/Y27gq-25A19270QY0-27inch-Monit...

But im not willing to pay that kind of money without reviews. Lenovo marketing is pathetic. There are literally 0.000000 reviews about this monitor...correct me if im wrong.

CeramicSentient
What's DOS?
Views: 1,351
Message 12 of 46

Sure, it's even out in France (not discounted). 

Still no word on a UK release. 

I would buy the monitor within a heartbeat if it came to the UK store. 

SimselOr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,132
Message 13 of 46

Got the monitor.
very good manufacturing quality. Good illumination for a TN panel. And finally a nice sharp picture with 240 Hz 1440p.
But... The extremely loud fan even in standby is a NOGO... Haven't found a setting yet to disable it :-( I hope it's due to the firmware...
The Lenovo support didn't answer yet

Yuke82
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,105
Message 14 of 46

Good to hear that the picture quality is great. Is the fan really louder than your PC-Case? Thats sound indeed like a dealbreaker Smiley Sad
SimselOr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,095
Message 15 of 46

Yes, unfortunately ;(

but my computer is very quiet (water cooled). Maybe I'll make a video tomorrow. Fan runs even if the monitor is off. I think the new Gsyncmodul needs the fan... But it should not continue to run if the monitor is off... Meanwhile Andy has already written to me and I am very happy that they help me here in the forum :-)

CeramicSentient
What's DOS?
Views: 1,084
Message 16 of 46

Hey!

Thanks for the update, 

If you could please make a video that would be great Smiley Happy

Len0vation
SCSI Port
Views: 930
Message 17 of 46

The video would be nice, another fan issue, that's too bad.   When is it for sale in the United States, if not already?   What is the monitor being sold for currently?   A grand is too much!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 876
Message 18 of 46

Engineering have come back to inform me that the fan will continue to run by design, as long as the display is plugged in, and cool the display for up to 20 minutes, depending on how intensively the display has been working, when the display goes into standby.

Edit: thought you might be interested in a picture of the fan which sits on the nVidia board, which gets hot, inside the display.y27gq_fan.pngY27gq_fan

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Yuke82
Fanfold Paper
Views: 845
Message 19 of 46

Hey, thanks for the picture. I have two questions for now:

Is there a chance to give us the specs (technical and non-technical) of the fan, in case people decide to replace it with a ultra-silent one (Noctua e.g.)

Does the fan have a fan curve that is applied at different temperatures or is just an on/off fan? If not: i saw that the monitor has a firmware update feature - is it technically possible to later get a better fan profile, if there are too many complaints about the fan noise?

Thanks

ps: I have the monitor here but cant use it because im still waiting for my DP 1.4 card. Besides the missing G-Sync feature i really like it so far! The blacks are good enough and its very smooth even at 120hz.

I hope the fan wont be a dealbreaker later on Smiley Sad (It doesnt run in HDMI mode, obviously, so i cant judge the noise yet)

Highlighted
Zyarra
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 20 of 46

The fan is not that loud. Its overexxegarated. 

Its ok. However its on 24/7. Even if you turn the monitor off. And for that its loud. And running 24/7 it will just get louder and eventually break. 

Gsync does not work! Screen keeps going black randomly for ~1 second. Gtx1080ti. 

this is for every user afaik!

No software available of any kind. The model cannot be found on the lenovo support page. 

Once the monitor gone black and i had to unplug from the power because no matter what i did it stayed black. No error. No signal error or anything. Just black. 

Also dead one dead and one stuck pixel. 

Picture quality and smoothness is other worldly!!! Love it. And the colors are easily beating my IpS lg 34uc79g. 

But all those issues.... i dont recommend it wholeheartedly. I just recommend if you want to be early adopter. 

Otherwise wait for asus panel later this year. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Posts
Top Kudoed Authors