Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,413
Message 1 of 6

YOGA A940

Yoga A940-A_1600x900.png Transforming: Introducing the new YOGA A940, with a spectacular 4K display precision dial and built-in wireless charging pad. You can even tilt the display down to a 25 degree angle and (illustrators rejoice!) use a digital pen to draw.

Yoga A940-B_1600x900.png

A closer look above at the Precision Dial, which you can use to program functions for Photoshop, Lightroom, Windows and even more.

Product specs in attachment below. (Information accurate as at 4 Jan 2019)

Have questions about the YOGA A940? Ask away below.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 1,344
Message 2 of 6

Re: YOGA A940

The new YogaA940 AIO is designed for content creation. Tried out Gen 1 and 2 AES Stylus Pens with it. Everything works, and with standard Wacom nibs.

The content creation knob has two toggles, bi-directional, and connects on either side with USB for righties and lefties.

The display has really good palm rejection, no parallax, and virtually no detectable cursor lag even at high DPI for print. Super nice. YogaA940_00.jpg

YogaA940_01.jpg

YogaA940_02.jpg

YogaA940_03.jpg

YogaA940_04.jpg

YogaA940_05.jpg

YogaA940_06.jpg

YogaA940_07.jpg

ArthurHWalker
Token Ring
Views: 1,343
Message 3 of 6

The new YogaA940 AIO is designed for content creation. Tried out Gen 1 and 2 AES Stylus Pens with it. Everything works, and with standard Wacom nibs.

The content creation knob has two toggles, bi-directional, and connects on either side with USB for righties and lefties.

The display has really good palm rejection, no parallax, and virtually no detectable cursor lag even at high DPI for print. Super nice.

YogaA940_00.jpg

YogaA940_01.jpg

YogaA940_02.jpg

YogaA940_03.jpg

YogaA940_04.jpg

YogaA940_05.jpg

YogaA940_06.jpg

YogaA940_07.jpg

ajbrutico
What's DOS?
Views: 933
Message 4 of 6

Wonderful device -- elegant and useful and imaginative.  But for some reason, the HDMI input port on the back seems to be capped at 30Hz.  Go figure???

RS-UK
Paper Tape
Views: 810
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I have been thinking of getting a Surface Studio for some time to use for composing music and came across this new product by Lenovo.

The A940 may present a cheaper and effective alternative but I am unsure whether programmes such as Sibelius by AVID would be completely compatible. For example, whether the pen functions and dial would work well in adjusting manuscript functions. 

Is there anyone who has been using the A940 with music programmes such as Sibelius, StaffPad or Logic Pro and can comment?

Many thanks.

RS

Highlighted
MoniB9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 125
Message 6 of 6

Re:Brand New YOGA A940 black screen on day 2

I really love my new Yoga A940 computer - got it on Thursday 8/8/2019 late afternoon, started to set it up but ran into errors trying to set up the Lenovo bridge - it said it wasn't compatable with Microsoft Edge - which is the latest internet explorer that comes with the machine.  Tried setting up some programs and transferred a couple of files from my Lenovo ThinkCentre running Windows 7 on Friday before planning to transfer things over from old to new computer on Saturday (today).  This morning, the new A940 had a dark screen when I tried to turn it on.  Because I didn't think to write down the model and serial numbers on a brand new computer, and these numbers are not written anywhere on the body of the desktop, I had no way to contact anyone at Lenovo technical support - Since I was not able to get the Lenovo bridge software to download because of incompatability with Microsoft Edge, I tried logging in my Lenovo account on my Windows 7 ThinkCentre, in which I learned that it is impossible to contact Lenovo.  I did manage to talk to someone who couldn't help because I didn't have the serial number for the A940 on hand.  He said I needed to bring it to a local service center to get the serial number.  After searching the communty forum for possible solutions (none of which worked), I tried turning the computer on again and this time it worked.  I next tried connecting to Lenovo bridge again, and got the same error message as before about Microsoft Edge, but this time there was a link to download the software - which installed and allowed me to get the warranty started on this.  Needless to say I added the 3-year premium warranty for this computer (but ran into an error when asked to create a Lenovo ID to store the order information - probably because I already have a Lenovo account).  Anyway, I logged into Lenovo and ran the diagnostics which ran 4 updates, 2 of which were critical and one of the critical had to do with display.  I then went to hardware diagnostics (step 2) after the required reboot for the updates to take effect, but that just kept spinning forever.  I had to stop it after two hours.  Just went back to Lenovo website and there are another 5 recommended downloads.  But I am seriously worried about this issue with the screen staying dark after I try to turn on the computer.  this is a major concern.  I run two businesses from home and I need this computer to be 100% reliable.  Can you recommend how to fix this if this should ever happen again?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals